Question m2 ssd media and data integrity errors (smart)

Mar 19, 2021
Hello, my SSD has a huge amount of Media and data integrity errors in SMART in 10[DEC].

Media and Data Integrity Errors 1856

What does it say about my SSD? Is it gonna fail soon?
Its health is 100%, bought it one month ago and it works fine (apart from not being recognized after cold boot), total host writes and reads are 1140 and 950 gbs, so not that much (ssd storage is on 1tb)

Mar 19, 2021
Make/model of this drive?
What does the manufacturers testing tool say?
Kingston A2000 1Tb M2 Nvme drive

Kingston SSD Manager: No Firmware Update Available, same amount of media and data integrity errors but in 16th DEC (0x0740)
SSD Wear Indicator 100%, SSD Spare Blocks 100%, Failures None, Warnings None, Overall Healthy, Temperature 43C.
So it doesnt indicate anything wrong.

In fact AIDA claims Media and Data Integrity Errors with ! sign. But says Status: OK Value is normal.

USAFRet

Titan
Here's 3 statements:

• There is a 0.2% chance your drive will become fatally faulty in the next 60 days
  • There is a 42% chance your drive will become fatally faulty in the next 60 days
  • There is a 92% chance your drive will become fatally faulty in the next 60 days

What, if anything, would you differently if given just one of those statements, vs the other 2?

Mar 19, 2021
Here's 3 statements:

• There is a 0.2% chance your drive will become fatally faulty in the next 60 days
  • There is a 42% chance your drive will become fatally faulty in the next 60 days
  • There is a 92% chance your drive will become fatally faulty in the next 60 days
What, if anything, would you differently if given just one of those statements, vs the other 2?
So basically you dont know? Just wanna know if that Media Errors thing mean that drive is corrupted or faulty and do I need to RMA it.

USAFRet

Titan
So basically you dont know? Just wanna know if that Media Errors thing mean that drive is corrupted or faulty and do I need to RMA it.
Contact them about an RMA. It may be nothing, it may be serious.

But the result of my 3 statements was....."You should be doing the same thing, no matter which one we out here said".
Your particular device can die at any time, no matter what the software says or doesn't say.

Always be prepared for your drive to die in the next 0.25 sec.

Reactions: ash_X