[SOLVED] M5A99X Evo Motherboard Power Led Is Blinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2020
I am using an ASUS M5A99X Evo motherboard. Due to the rain that poured in the evening today, the electricity was gone several times. When I got home I noticed that the green light on the motherboard was flashing. I pressed the power button, it didn't open. The system was not responding. After disconnecting all cables and waiting for a while, I checked and reconnected them, the problem was still the same. There is no burn, broken, blown transistor, chip or connection visible on the motherboard. Physically there is no abnormality in the motherboard.

I was suspicious of the PSU, but when I plugged in my old motherboard M5A97, the system started to work. So the problem is with the motherboard, but what could have happened? If I said about the commute of electricity, first the PSU would explode. The light is constantly blinking and but I have no idea why it is not working. I wonder if the motherboard has a feature like self-protection mode?

I've tried;
I disassembled the motherboard completely and physically inspected it, it doesn't have any problems. Meanwhile, I cut off the electricity connection completely in case they recover themselves. Meanwhile, I removed the BIOS battery. I saw the light blink quickly when I put it back together and put on electricity.

Video about the problem: https://streamable.com/prsj60

My system;
FX 8350 processor.
M5A99X Evo motherboard (currently have M5A97 le r2.0)
MSI R9 390 video card.
Samsung 850Evo SSD.
Corsair VS650 PSU.
Kingston Hyper X 8x2GB RAM.

Thank you from now. (I used Google Translate. I apologize for translation problems.)

Solution
You have an old power supply, built using an old platform. It lacks some of the modern protections. There are a variety of ways in which a motherboard might be damaged and the PSU not "explode". In fact it happens all the time, even with much newer power supply platforms than that one when there are surges or lightning strikes nearby.

And, you can't tell if the motherboard has any problems by "inspecting it, unless the problem is something REALLY over the top like a leaking or bulging capacitor, or a burnt trace. Most motherboard failures are completely undetectable from a visual inspection. Considering the age of your motherboard, even an age related failure would not be surprising.

I would try removing the CMOS battery for five...
You have an old power supply, built using an old platform. It lacks some of the modern protections. There are a variety of ways in which a motherboard might be damaged and the PSU not "explode". In fact it happens all the time, even with much newer power supply platforms than that one when there are surges or lightning strikes nearby.

And, you can't tell if the motherboard has any problems by "inspecting it, unless the problem is something REALLY over the top like a leaking or bulging capacitor, or a burnt trace. Most motherboard failures are completely undetectable from a visual inspection. Considering the age of your motherboard, even an age related failure would not be surprising.

I would try removing the CMOS battery for five minutes, and then putting it back. Testing the CMOS battery to see if it has at least 3v would be a good idea too. If it has less than 3v, the battery is in need of replacement, but that shouldn't stop the system from at least TRYING to POST.

Solution

Apukispay

Prominent
Jan 29, 2021
ASUS M5A99X
Hi, i need help, please.
A short time ago I broke two transistors that are to the left of the white connector pciex16, at the edge of the board, there are 10 transistors that are together in that area. Since then the board has given me faults, I took it to a technician but he needs the names of those transitors and he can't find any diagram with those data on the internet. If you still have it, could you please give me the names of those transistors? I just need the names of the first transistors that are on the top (the first one on the left and the one on the right).

USAFRet

Titan
ASUS M5A99X
Hi, i need help, please.
A short time ago I broke two transistors that are to the left of the white connector pciex16, at the edge of the board, there are 10 transistors that are together in that area. Since then the board has given me faults, I took it to a technician but he needs the names of those transitors and he can't find any diagram with those data on the internet. If you still have it, could you please give me the names of those transistors? I just need the names of the first transistors that are on the top (the first one on the left and the one on the right).
Please start a NEW thread for your particular situation.
This one is several months old.

Thanks.

Reactions: Apukispay
Status
Not open for further replies.