Question MA87 Key Problem, F1, F2 & F7-F12 not working, only when another key is being held down

Jan 27, 2023
Hello people,

A couple of months ago, I've bought a Varmilo MA87 mechanical keyboard. In the last days I started to notice that the F1 and F2 keys as well as the F7 to F12 keys aren't working when pressed on their own. They do register an F1 press though when any other key is held down before the F1 press. I honestly do not know if it was like this since the beginning (I rarely use them and just now started using applications and playing games that use them) or if it happened at a later point.

I've tested the registered keystrokes with an online tool and it is consistently giving me the aforementioned results, I tried the keyboard on another machine and tested it and had no issues so I'm unsure if this is a keyboard issue or a system issue. I reckon it is some kind of software problem because the keys register just fine when pressed together although I haven't found any similar issues in forums when looking on google. I have found some issues with the Fn key mixing things up but that's not the problem I'm having.

• Short description of the problem:
  • F1, F2 & F7-12 not working when pressed individually
  • work just fine when pressed together with any other key (other key has to be pressed and held down first)
  • Known issue? Haven't found anything so far
  • Software fix possible?

Ralston18

Titan
Run the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Manually download the applicable keyboard drivers directly from the keyboard manufacturer's website.

Reinstall and reconfigure the drivers.

No third party installers or tools.

TRENDING THREADS