Mac Hick -- first check

Having gathered all my tools, components, static chains, lead-lined
jockstrap, Terra chips, and a Corona, I went to install my Chaintech
GeForce 5700 into my Soyo K7VME motherboard. Opened the case, and was
immediately greeted by a fluorescent red sticker covering the AGP slot
that says "CAUTION!! This AGP slot can support 1.5V AGP cards only!"

Now, I may not be the brightest bulb in the box, but after checking the
Chaintek card's included documentation, Chaintech's, Anand's, Tom's and
Sharky's sites, and done a Google and Dogpile search on every possible
permutation of Chaintech/GeForce/5700/AGP I can thinkof, I'm completely
stumped. And I'm out of Terra chips and Coronas. How do I tell if this
Chaintech card (SA5700T2) is 1.5 volts or not.

Lost in the wilderness.

Help appreciated

Bart Brown

As Rosanne Rosannadanna used to say, "never mind." I discovered the
connector differences that identify 1.5V AGP cards.

Sorry.

Bart

Sorry about that. Best way to explain it is to refer you to this picture:

http://www.directron.com/15agpguide.html#my

But basically, the 1.5V AGP card's connectors are divided into sets of
three (two notches), while non 1.5V AGP cards are in sets of two (one
notch).

Hope that helps!

Bart

Barton Brown <bbrown95@comcast.net> said:

> http://www.directron.com/15agpguide.html#my
>
> But basically, the 1.5V AGP card's connectors are divided into sets of
> three (two notches), while non 1.5V AGP cards are in sets of two (one
> notch).

good info, I didn't know that
--
Mac Cool