Question mac loads to %75 then restarts itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweeds

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
ok lets get to it. I'm not the most knowledgeable on macs but with the latest update to whatever os it was i updated the mac and when it finished installing as i was on the grey screen with he apple logo the loading takes FOREVER it gets to like %75 and then just restarts itself infinitely. I can boot into the mac os in safe mode but im not gona use safe mode forever and i tried reinstalling the os through recover mode. the apple forums is no use so i thought i would ask REAL tech people instead of the apple whores over in those forums

Geekwad

Admirable
Can you give the exact Mac model you have, and year of production? For OSx update, it depends on what your starting point was as to which one you upgrade to next. I could assume 'the 'latest', but would like to know for sure. Is it El Capitan?

Sweeds

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015

the mac was given to me so i dont know the exact model but it has 4gb of ram an intel core 2 duo and somthing like an nvidia gt 6300m or somthing like that its a 15 inch macbook and i know it is pretty old but still has the silver look to it so its not as old as those thick all white ones. and yes it was el capitan

Sweeds

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015

i tried both of the options on that page in safe boot but both times it just gave me a "no such file or directory"

Sweeds

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015

no i am but if your talking about that link the commands it told me to put in wouldnt work it kept saying access denied then i tried sudo and then it got passed access denied and went to file not found.... last night i just decided to say <mod edit> and just install windows on it. Tried to boot windows 10 installer off my flash drive and it freezes when i select to boot off of that, tried my windows 8 install disk and when i select that it just attempts to boot mac osx. I'm on my last nerve with apple

Watch the language. - G

Wups

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
Hello Sweeds,

If it loads to 75%, and restarts, it means it's a corrupt OS. You can in fact, boot into recovery mode(Command (⌘)-R), and choose to "re-install OS X'. From there, it'll re-install OS X but keep all of your personal data on. Is this what you're looking for? Let me know if it doesn't work.

Cheers!

Sweeds

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015

i already tried that and i even wiped the drive and tried it its still giving me this issue, im starting to wonder if its somthing with the HDD

Wups

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
Run Diskwarrior on it. You may have to purchase it, best application to use. If not, upgrade to El Capitan. Any third-party software or Apple files from Yosemite, will be shunted out.

Sweeds

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015

el capitan is what caused this issue no offense but did u read my problem and the other comments or just the title. This mac is pretty old and wasnt even running yosemite i doubt it was even on maverick and i upgraded it to yosemite and that caused the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.