[SOLVED] Mac Refused to Boot in every way to Install OSX again . Please HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichaardFinland

Honorable
Feb 23, 2014
Ok heres the story, I take out my 2010 Mac Book Pro hdd and swap it with another (2012) one. .

I try to get around the password (2012) and eventually switch back and quit.

I loose one of the drives (2010) (nephew mis placed it) ,... I find it weeks later.. Pop it in .. add ram NO BOOt... So I then try everything from making sure they were not bad (RAM), switching.. downgrading, using mac osx on a flash drive, boot linux cd, windows dvd, internet recovery and everything fails.. even Pram reset..

It either runs internet recovery and gets to the next windows and gets stuck before halfway or boots from a flash drive does the same thing OR reboots after halfway (75% or 100% or the black loading bar) ... Reboots and does it over.

None of these known options worked.. I even nuked the HDD in my linux after saving everything without an MAJOR issue (but slowness) and popped it in to try installs again... NOTHING..

Went to the mac store.. they did all the same things plus more.. Diagnostics says everything is healthy except my old batter.. no biggie..

i get home and try to pop another drive it .. it does same thing ( maybe that drive isnt ok too?) but i pop in my backup windows drive(with windows on it) it loads devices and drivers (as alwasy with windows 10 going into a new pc) and booted up fine... BUT THEN IT FROZE....

Any help? Is there is way I can get around installing OSX onto a the mac and with the HDD via Windows hackintosh method and then pop it in..... ? Does someone know what may be wrong? PLLEEEAAASSSEE! Help :-(

Solution
If the geniuses at the Apple Store, with the machine in their hands, couldn't solve this I'm not sure that anyone here can. I couldn't recommend trying to solve it via hackintosh. Take it back to the Apple Store and ask them to try harder.

McHenryB

Admirable
If the geniuses at the Apple Store, with the machine in their hands, couldn't solve this I'm not sure that anyone here can. I couldn't recommend trying to solve it via hackintosh. Take it back to the Apple Store and ask them to try harder.

Solution

smoteraw_buggered

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014

OT. Nice Vinnie - a Rapide?? Used to clean a Black Prince years ago then got a Comet & tuned-it to Grey Flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.