Question MacBook Air battery replacement question

Apr 7, 2019
Since apple cannot replace the battery of my MacBook Air. I've decided to buy my own battery at Amazon. I know some people here would refer Newertech batteries. I've had a bad experience with them. I replaced the battery of my old MacBook Pro Early 2011. I followed all the recalibration steps for the battery. Guess what a few years later the battery cycle is still at 5 cycles and the battery would die down after using it for 1 1/2 hour. I've decided to purchase a battery at Amazon. I just want to know if you have to do anything special after you install it. Do you need to recalibrate the battery again? Is that really needed? I prefer just installing the new battery and just charging it until it becomes full.

Unat2025

Commendable
Jun 5, 2019
Hi. It looks like battery is bad. You should have to reset smc and pram after installing the new battery (check how to do that in google). Also you can check your battery heals now (% and cycles) "coconut battery will help you", it should be like 5 cycles and more then 95%.

And you no need to calibrate it after installing. Apple have no any service dock about that.

Reactions: LordVile