MacBook Mini Concept: April Fool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waikano

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
How come every time Jane posts an article about an Apple product/rumor the PC fan boys go off?!?! I say keep them coming, just got my new Mini on Friday and oh so loving it. Makes the perfect HTPC.

geckoar

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
I guess but MAC cannt do blu-ray and Jobs said he doesnt want blu-ray so your mini as An HTPC is a no go for me. I use my PC as my gaming rig and HTPC running 1080p and 7.1 sound and blu-ray.

waikano

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
@geckoar ok you got me not the perfect HTPC I would like to see the Blu in a Mac as well. But man this think is amazing for it's size, and oh so quiet.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]rigaudio[/nom]As I read these Mac articles, I am reminded of the phrase "A fool and his money are soon parted."[/citation]

QFT. That thing looks like it's two pieces of painted cardboard. With how thin that will be, they'll get to charge you even more for even less hardware, and an even smaller amount of performance.

[citation][nom]waikano[/nom]How come every time Jane posts an article about an Apple product/rumor the PC fan boys go off?!?! I say keep them coming, just got my new Mini on Friday and oh so loving it. Makes the perfect HTPC.[/citation]

It's just you.

Silluete

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
[citation][nom]rigaudio[/nom]As I read these Mac articles, I am reminded of the phrase "A fool and his money are soon parted."[/citation]
+1

danimal_the_animal

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2006
Blueray? who can afford it? just netflix'em and use ripbot264 to make perfect blueray rips at a fraction of the space it takes up on blueray...then send it back and get the next in your queue!
Blueray is SOOOOO OVER BITRATED its pathetic!

wall-e is only 3.68gb when done!

higherdestiny

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
It's fake.

Look at the comparison image of all three systems (MacBook, MacBook Mini, MacBook Air) below.

http://9to5mac.com/files/image/00000/attachment-3.jpg

View full size images, 100% zoom.

Look at the "S" key on the MacBook.
Notice how there is an angled manufacturing distortion (a compression, or crease or stain) running from approximately the centre lower area of the key up towards the right upper corner of the key. This is a result of stresses during the moulding of the plastic keys and is unique.

Now look at the MacBook Mini. Although the key has been lightened in colour, the "S" key shows the exact same deformation as the MacBook. This is also the case with other keys (The 'H' key has three horisontal deformations).

This clearly proves that the keyboard on the "Mini" has been photoshopped from the screenshot of the MacBook.

Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen. Case Closed :)

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]danimal_the_animal[/nom]Blueray? who can afford it? just netflix'em and use ripbot264 to make perfect blueray rips at a fraction of the space it takes up on blueray...then send it back and get the next in your queue!Blueray is SOOOOO OVER BITRATED its pathetic!wall-e is only 3.68gb when done![/citation]

I wouldn't go about posting on the internet often about your illegal movie ripping habits.

G

the laptop seems too thin!
A laptop of that caliber one could easily snap in two or break by applying some force.
Also the screen has to be oled for it to be so thin, and weprobably won't see many hi-res oled screens on the market for a while!

Status
Not open for further replies.