[SOLVED] MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) - Freezes during or after remote desktop session

I have a friend whose 2012 MacBook Pro was extremely slow before upgrading it's HDD to a SSD. Now the performance is much faster, however after she uses remote desktop to connect to her company's server, the laptop will be frozen. Her disconnecting from the remote session doesn't resolve the issue, and eventually the computer performance will return to normal. Is it possible that Catalina is too heavy an OS to run, on a 2012 core i5 CPU, despite the 8GB RAM and 500 GB SSD?

Addendum: I should mention that her adult son performed this upgrade for her. I wonder if "trim" is enabled automatically with SSD installation or it needs to be explicitly enabled. Could trim being disabled cause a older Macbook Pro to freeze?

** specs **

macOS Catalina
Version 10.15.5
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
Processor 2.5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DR3
Storage 500 GB SATA SSD.

Solution
Did the upgrade to the SDD include a clean install of the OS? Or was the data restored on the new SSD with a Time Machine backup without doing a clean install? A clean install of the OS first and then utilizing Time Machine afterwards would be better.

styymy

Commendable
May 22, 2018
Did the upgrade to the SDD include a clean install of the OS? Or was the data restored on the new SSD with a Time Machine backup without doing a clean install? A clean install of the OS first and then utilizing Time Machine afterwards would be better.

Solution