[SOLVED] MacBook pro problem

Apr 4, 2020
I'm helping my friend fix his MacBook pro a1278. I erased and reinstall the original os that it came with, which is osx lion (10.8.3). But installation took over 5 hours to install, and after installing, it is extremely slow. So slow to the point where you can't even watch a YouTube video. What seems to be the problem? I think it needs an SSD. But I want to know what you guys think before I order him one. His goal is to sell it.

Solution
I'm helping my friend fix his MacBook pro a1278. I erased and reinstall the original os that it came with, which is osx lion (10.8.3). But installation took over 5 hours to install, and after installing, it is extremely slow. So slow to the point where you can't even watch a YouTube video. What seems to be the problem? I think it needs an SSD. But I want to know what you guys think before I order him one. His goal is to sell it.
I had a Late 2011 model and i swapped it with an SSD and it ran 80% better! Its totally worth it and SSD's are at a really good price right now. Install the OSX Lion from the internet in the recovery mode, then install the newer OS's or create a bootable media with the latest supported OS on it.

If he...
I had a Late 2011 model and i swapped it with an SSD and it ran 80% better! Its totally worth it and SSD's are at a really good price right now. Install the OSX Lion from the internet in the recovery mode, then install the newer OS's or create a bootable media with the latest supported OS on it.

If he needs extra storage and doesn't use the CD drive you could get one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Optical-Supe...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Hope this helps!

Solution