Question MacBookAir broken port

Sep 24, 2020
Hello, i have burn out my macbookair (mid 2014) charging port. I was charging it and out of the blue i licked the charger and when i plugged it back in it didn't work. I was in the task of installing windows 7 at that time. We checked another charger and it didnt work. Is there any other way i can charge it? Or at least keep it on like a desktop. Please i need some help.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Hello, i have burn out my macbookair (mid 2014) charging port. I was charging it and out of the blue i licked the charger and when i plugged it back in it didn't work. I was in the task of installing windows 7 at that time. We checked another charger and it didnt work. Is there any other way i can charge it? Or at least keep it on like a desktop. Please i need some help.

Hold on..... you "licked" it?

Aug 22, 2020
Well Not trying to offend you here but... This is kinda your fault. I mean you licked the MagSafe connector. And then had the guts to plug it into the macbook. You proboly fried the magsafe connector. Im afraid theres not much you can do. Just let the port dry out for a week or two and see if it works then. If not then. Well Your screwed. And apple isnt gonna cover this as accidental damage either considering 1 Its liquid damage and 2 I wouldnt fix someones laptop if they were idiotic enough to dare try to lick an 120 volt charger. And then try to plug it into the computer. This is 100% Your fault. In fact no offense but this is the stupidest case of stupidity i have ever seen in my life. Everyone knows that liquid and electricity never mix I am sorry i am being kind of rude but its the truth Just get your hard drive out of it and go buy a new macbook. Its not worth trying to fix.

Sep 24, 2020
Well Not trying to offend you here but... This is kinda your fault. I mean you licked the MagSafe connector. And then had the guts to plug it into the macbook. You proboly fried the magsafe connector. Im afraid theres not much you can do. Just let the port dry out for a week or two and see if it works then. If not then. Well Your screwed. And apple isnt gonna cover this as accidental damage either considering 1 Its liquid damage and 2 I wouldnt fix someones laptop if they were idiotic enough to dare try to lick an 120 volt charger. And then try to plug it into the computer. This is 100% Your fault. In fact no offense but this is the stupidest case of stupidity i have ever seen in my life. Everyone knows that liquid and electricity never mix I am sorry i am being kind of rude but its the truth Just get your hard drive out of it and go buy a new macbook. Its not worth trying to fix.
Yups all my bad. Man i regret some decisions.

Aug 22, 2020
Yups all my bad. Man i regret some decisions.
Yeah. Your gonna have to either try to find a shop that will repair it because if you take it to apple they might not repair it. 1 because the computer was from 2014 and 2 Its liquid damage which apple is gonna charge a hell ton of money to replace. And plus most apple repairs are a ripoff anyways. I recommend getting a replacment MagSafe port and following an IFixIt guide. or You can try to find a shop that will replace it for you. I dont know how else i can help you. But those are basicly your only 2 options. Besides getting a new computer which i am sure you do not want to do.