Mach Xtreme Tech's 1.8'' SDDs Mirror NES Carts

Status
Not open for further replies.

nawat

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]Why are they making these for the old ribbon cables? I can't see anyone gaining any speed, I don't get it.[/citation]
Traditional 1.8" hard drives are very slow. I'm using a VAIO TZ series and it's running on a 1.8" drive just like on the iPod classic and is extremely slow. Given the prize is not too expensive, this would be a very good upgrade for my laptop.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
[citation][nom]nawat[/nom]I'm using a VAIO TZ series and it's running on a 1.8" drive just like on the iPod classic and is extremely slow. [/citation]
I weep for you.

tahrey

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
Hmm... might be worth a bit of an investment to keep my old HP TC4200 running in a contemporary fashion a while longer, vs the cost of upgrading both the spinning (2.5") hard disk and the RAM. CPU + Gfx are fine in it, but disk access is getting a bit oldskool.

Nawat: not all of us feel a burning need to stay on the bleeding edge at all times. It's expensive and often unneccessary. My laptop is 4 years old and works just fine, except for modern software starting to load the disk a little heavily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS