Question Machine check Exception Win10 Blue screen

Jul 10, 2019
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I follow this forum most times and really love the community.
I don't know if there are any other posts like this but I really need help with this.

I recently installed a "new" Mobo and CPU(Asus p8p67 rev 3.1 - Intel I7-2600K), before I had Asus p8H67-M pro - Intel I7 2600.
PC specs:
Windows 10
Asus p8p67 rev 3.1
Intel i7 2600K
Geforce GTX 970
corsair vengeance 2x4GB 8GB 1600 Mhz_DDR3
corsair XMS3 1333Mhz 8GB 2x4GB_DDR3
1 HDD
2SSD

After I installed the parts(mobo cpu etc..), I tried to boot it with already installed windows 10 but it failed and showed up blue screen(machine check exception), and after several tries it booted onto desktop. after i tried to reboot again to test it if its working. And it failed with the same blue screen. After that I have made a clean windows 10 install on AHCI mode. Before I used IDE.
Everything worked fine I got onto Windows desktop installed drivers etc and also windows installed some updates. After that and reboot I got stuck on the blue screen again, and this time I can't even get into recovery mode or safe mode. neither with USB, It does the same when I try with USB.

What I have tried to fix it:

Leaving 1 RAM on Mobo, leaving 2 RAMs on mobo - NO HELP
Cpu reseat - NO HELP
Gpu reseat, GPU change slot - NO HELP
Unplugging all plugged USB - NO HELP
Flashed Linux(centos) on USB and try to boot - Linux booted on IDE mode and no problems
Unplugged SSD & HDD - NO HELP
Cleared CMOS - NO HELP

Hope we can fix this issue.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019
I had a similar issue, my problem was my CPU and I couldn't boot all the way into the desktop.

Have you tried removing the GPU entirely and displaying from the motherboard?

Mobo has no iGPU :/
but if the CPU is bad than i could not load linux to?
The CPU was working on my other motherboard

timbroslice

Prominent
Jun 13, 2019
Mobo has no iGPU :/
but if the CPU is bad than i could not load linux to?

Oh bummer, do you have a spare GPU you could test?

If you've already done a clean install of windows then its most likely the new hardware that you installed, considering it worked before.
but
Did you try formatting the drive and doing a clean install via a flash drive using the media creation tool from Windows?

Jul 10, 2019
Oh bummer, do you have a spare GPU you could test?

If you've already done a clean install of windows then its most likely the new hardware that you installed, considering it worked before.
but
Did you try formatting the drive and doing a clean install via a flash drive using the media creation tool from Windows?
yes I made a clean windows install with usb flashdrive but now i can't even get to the usb to. Also getting blue screen with usb on windows logo

Jul 10, 2019
Now it is sounding alot like my problem.
is the 2600 that you have compatible with the new motherboard? Or does the new mobo only work with your 2600k?
it works with both, but I don't have the cpu with me now, but the one thats installed atm (2600K) worked on my previeus motherboard. so I think it can't be the cpu..

timbroslice

Prominent
Jun 13, 2019
it works with both, but I don't have the cpu with me now, but the one thats installed atm (2600K) worked on my previeus motherboard. so I think it can't be the cpu..

Have you tried the old CPU with the new motherboard?

I've also seen a reply on a different forum that a guy got it working by disabling Intel C-State, I'm not sure if its applicable due to the age of your motherboard, but you could look into it!

Jul 10, 2019
Have you tried the old CPU with the new motherboard?

I've also seen a reply on a different forum that a guy got it working by disabling Intel C-State, I'm not sure if its applicable due to the age of your motherboard, but you could look into it!
I don't have the CPU with me. I've looked at the C-State thingy but can't find how to disable it, i have found CPU C1E disabled it but still same.

timbroslice

Prominent
Jun 13, 2019
I don't have the CPU with me. I've looked at the C-State thingy but can't find how to disable it, i have found CPU C1E disabled it but still same.
Okay well it sounds like you need to do some process of elimination, if you have access to the old hardware in the near future, try running with the old configuration.

Regarding C-state, im not sure if it even exists on your platform, do you see the option in the BIOS called C-state? Or do you only find CPU C1E?

Jul 10, 2019
Okay well it sounds like you need to do some process of elimination, if you have access to the old hardware in the near future, try running with the old configuration.

Regarding C-state, im not sure if it even exists on your platform, do you see the option in the BIOS called C-state? Or do you only find CPU C1E?
I’ll try tomorow to get my old cpu and try it on this mobo.
But its so weird, i tested the 2600K on my old mobo and it was working and i also played some games on it.

I don’t see anything like CPU c-state. CPU C1E and others.

timbroslice

Prominent
Jun 13, 2019
I’ll try tomorow to get my old cpu and try it on this mobo.
But its so weird, i tested the 2600K on my old mobo and it was working and i also played some games on it.

I don’t see anything like CPU c-state. CPU C1E and others.

Well if that's the case, I'd assume your motherboard is causing the issues. If the new CPU worked on the old motherboard and not this new one, then signs point to the motherboard.

C-State might be only for newer platforms, so Its most likely not going to help us.

Jul 10, 2019
Well if that's the case, I'd assume your motherboard is causing the issues. If the new CPU worked on the old motherboard and not this new one, then signs point to the motherboard.

C-State might be only for newer platforms, so Its most likely not going to help us.
I tried to swap the CPU's , installed I7 2600 and still the same.. I installed my I7 2600K on another MOBO and it works so its not the CPU.

TRENDING THREADS