Question Machine Doesn't boot with SCSI Card in PCI slot

Dec 1, 2019
I just built a PC using some older components so that I can use some legacy hardware. The hardware requires SCSI and SCSI requires PCI, so here are my parts:

Asus P8B75-M/CSM
Intel i5-3570 (Bought this CPU years ago and I'm pretty sure I bought the standard one, but my system properties says I have a 3570k)
Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) DDR3 1633Mhz
Corsair CX550 550W PSU
Adaptec 29160n SCSI Board

I booted Windows XP SP3 from a USB Drive and everything was working correctly, so I installed some necessary software via a CD onto the machine. Everything went well. Then I turned off the PC, inserted the SCSI and booted the PC back up. This time, nothing happened. Black screen, "No DVI Signal" on my monitor, didn't even get a BIOS splash screen. Waited 30 minutes and just ended up cutting power. So I took out the SCSI and booted the PC again, worked perfectly.

I threw in another SCSI board (Adapted 2940u) and it also booted up just fine.

Is there something I'm missing with the specs of the 29160n? Or could I have received a bad board?

Dec 1, 2019
those cards are pci 2.0 (2940u) and 2.1 (29160n)which run at 5volts
anything pentium 4 (year1998+) and above was pci 2.3+ which runs at 3.3volts and does not run 5v cards

Okay, so if I'm understanding correctly, I can't use my i5-3570 with either of these two cards, correct?

What are my options? I'm assuming I can pick up an adapter or build something completely different based on Pentium 3 or before?