[SOLVED] Macrium Reflect Keeps Throwing Error 9 During Cloning

Apr 10, 2020
I bought a 2TB SSD and I wanted to clone all my files from my 1TB HDD over, but I keep getting an error in the middle of the cloning process. It always stops at 84% interestingly enough.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

3iw4ezz.png

Solution
Yeah, the HDD boots up windows and has all my games and footage on it. It's about 750 GB worth of stuff though...
Well, you've waited too late.
The drive already has bad sectors, meaning a clone is out of the question. *

Time for a clean install on the new SSD.
Then maybe manually copy whatever you can from the HDD to the new SSD.

* There are functions known as sector by sector, or forensic, cloning. This takes everything, bad or not. Or skips what it can't read and moves on.
But in the context of the Windows drive, everything is essential. Doing that with the OS drive is simply a waste of time.
Apr 10, 2020
If you want any of the data on it, don't "clone".
Just copy/paste to the 2TB. And not all of it at once...just do it in pieces.
Whatever part of it that is "faulty" will not copy, but you'll get some or most of it.
What if I want to boot Windows 10 from the SSD? Here's the log of the first cloning in case you were curious.
yCbiHuR.png

USAFRet

Titan
Yeah, the HDD boots up windows and has all my games and footage on it. It's about 750 GB worth of stuff though...
Well, you've waited too late.
The drive already has bad sectors, meaning a clone is out of the question. *

Time for a clean install on the new SSD.
Then maybe manually copy whatever you can from the HDD to the new SSD.

* There are functions known as sector by sector, or forensic, cloning. This takes everything, bad or not. Or skips what it can't read and moves on.
But in the context of the Windows drive, everything is essential. Doing that with the OS drive is simply a waste of time.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS