Macro Program that meshes well with Windows 10

Uleepera

Honorable
Sep 20, 2014
Evening folks.

I've been googling with limited success. I'm trying to create a macro for a specific task of copying data on a remote terminal to a remote spreadsheet. That are probably going to be a few thousand entries so I expect a lot of repetition.

I googled for information on macro programs and Pulover's came back highly rated. Given that I can program out exactly what I want done from delays to cursor positioning etc. I thought it was great. However, it seems a bit buggy in Win 10. commands seem to be randomly shuffling in order and it crashes quite a bit. Both of these are deal breakers as they could break the sequencing which is quite important.

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a good macro program that is currently maintained (Looks like Pulovers hasn't been updated since sometime in 2016) and functions well in Windows 10. I would prefer freeware but I'm not opposed to paying for quality if needed.

FYI - I looked at tinytask and it is too simplistic for what I'm looking to accomplish.

Solution
Pulover's Macro Creator says it's based on AutoHotKey. Have you tried AHK out? https://www.autohotkey.com/ AHK doesn't seem to be buggy (to me) in my limited testing of it. I've created a few little scripts with it but nothing major.

AHK supports delays, I'm not sure about cursor position... but there is a probably way to do it. You can send keystrokes and mouse clicks to about anywhere you want. You can find a ton of example scripts around the net for it.

I'm not an expert at it (at all) but I might be able to help with it a little bit and if not, I'm sure you can find someone in this forum or elsewhere who can help.

Edit: There's also powershell scripting which may be worth looking into. I really know nothing about it but it seems...

gardenman

Splendid
Pulover's Macro Creator says it's based on AutoHotKey. Have you tried AHK out? https://www.autohotkey.com/ AHK doesn't seem to be buggy (to me) in my limited testing of it. I've created a few little scripts with it but nothing major.

AHK supports delays, I'm not sure about cursor position... but there is a probably way to do it. You can send keystrokes and mouse clicks to about anywhere you want. You can find a ton of example scripts around the net for it.

I'm not an expert at it (at all) but I might be able to help with it a little bit and if not, I'm sure you can find someone in this forum or elsewhere who can help.

Edit: There's also powershell scripting which may be worth looking into. I really know nothing about it but it seems "powerful".

Solution