Mad Catz Unveils S.T.R.I.K.E. Modular Gaming Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

bavman

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
Its true that its ugly, but I'm so happy that more and more companies are jumping on the mechanical keyboard wagon. I wish rubber domes were never invented

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
mad catz -thinks back to ps2 peripheral days- ew...

though it looks a bit too extreme, I can see how convenient it can be. the rests being movable and modable is a big plus for me. and if the mechanical keys feel as good and responsive as they should, then its also a plus. unfortunately, all my experience with mad catz is from 6-7 years ago when I threw a mad catz ps2 controller out the window...

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]bavman[/nom]Its true that its ugly, but I'm so happy that more and more companies are jumping on the mechanical keyboard wagon. I wish rubber domes were never invented[/citation]

Actually this doesn't have mechanical keys. If Tom's would get people who could read right they would have noticed this " Replete with a specially engineered membrane which mimics the tactile feel generated by the mechanical keys" on the product's official site.

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]dudewitbow[/nom]300$ for a keyboard is "I have so much money that i'm going to buy an extremely expensive keyboard because i can" kind of purchase.[/citation]
The saddest thing is that they try to sell these "extreme gaymen products" as comfy and customizable when they fall short even on that. Take example the R.A.T mices, they are heavy, made of slippery material and generally you cant make them fit your hand no matter how you adjust it.

G

$300
"gaymen" keyboard for leet skillz only
membrane keys

I sure hope you guys don't do this.

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
[citation][nom]m2222224[/nom]$300"gaymen" keyboard for leet skillz onlymembrane keysI sure hope you guys don't do this.[/citation]

Ishiggidty diggity...

Tab54o

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
What I want in to be able to move all my number keys in a straight row below my space bar so I can hit them with my thumb instead.

seroism

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Tab54o[/nom]What I want in to be able to move all my number keys in a straight row below my space bar so I can hit them with my thumb instead.[/citation]

+1
See!!? Why can't companies do this? I've thought the same thing.

seroism

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
[citation][nom]crysex[/nom]I will buy one for 130 max. Not for 300! That is a ridiculous price.[/citation]

If they aren't REAL mechanical keys I wouldn't even go that high.

noobalert

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
300 Bucks for a non-mechanical keyboard no thanks. By their pricing it would be a $400+ for a mechanical version LMFAO!!! A keyboard that cost more then a CPU, or GPU in most noobs system WoW!

G

They have the worst customer service ever. I have one of their POS tritton AX headsets has a 5 year warranty, only on year 3 and 2 speakers dont work anymore.

They never answer back to e-mails, never answer the phone either. Even called BBB on their bitch asses, still nothing.

G

My policy regarding Mad Catz products, based on experience mind you, is "stay away at all costs".

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]mad catz -thinks back to ps2 peripheral days- ew...though it looks a bit too extreme, I can see how convenient it can be. the rests being movable and modable is a big plus for me. and if the mechanical keys feel as good and responsive as they should, then its also a plus. unfortunately, all my experience with mad catz is from 6-7 years ago when I threw a mad catz ps2 controller out the window...[/citation]
i believe saitek is a branch of madcatz, so i have to give them credit, they make a damn good cheap controller with the p2500

sadly, microsoft got game companies to lock out controller support for anything but xbox controllers, so that makes the great controller i have, more or less a mouse and keyboard.

----------------------------
that said, i would never pay more than 50$ for a non mechanical keyboard
if that screen is multi touch i would be willing to pay 60$ for it
and if those extra keys where in positions i want, i would pay an extra 20$
in total, the most i would theoretically pay for this is 130$

chinmi

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
these were not mechanical, it states in their web "Replete with a specially engineered membrane which mimics the tactile feel generated by the mechanical keys often preferred by gamers"

Status
Not open for further replies.