Question MagicJack app for Android phones

LDPRICHARD

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2015
I have been using a MagicJack for years. It's the greatest thing since peanut butter. My husband and I both have the MagicApp for our iPhones so that we can use our MagicJack number on our mobiles.

I had an extra MagicJack, brand new, still in the original packaging, and I gave it to our next-door neighbor as a gift. I have been sitting here at my computer in their kitchen for the last 2 hours trying to install the %^%$$# thing and here's where the train goes off the rails:
  1. I connected it to their router and went through the installation protocol and everything went just fine.
  2. I logged out of my own account on the MagicApp on my iPhone and logged into their account and tested it to make sure that their new number was set up correctly. My trial phone call went through just fine. Remember: I have an iPhone.
  3. My neighbors both have Android phones. LGs and Samsung. We downloaded the app, logged in (or at least attempted to) and the message came up on both phones "None of your subscriptions are compatible with Android".

I googled this exact phrase, and the first thing that popped up was something that indicated that it has something to do with settings within the Google Playstore. But for the life of me, I can't figure out what. and I'm so frustrated that I'm honestly ready to scream.

Please help me (and my neighbors),. gang. I'm not an Android person anymore. I had to switch to iPhone for business reasons 8 years ago, so anything I knew before is either outdated or just plain gone.