[SOLVED] Main Monitor only works with my secondary Monitor, if a third Monitor is plugged in.

xperiamacka

Reputable
May 31, 2018
Hi,
I bought myself a new 144hz monitor (Benq XL2411P). But after plugging it in with Displayport Cable to my GPU (Palit Dual GTX 1060), it would say that no Signal is Detected. After disconnecting my second monitor (Acer X233H), that is connected via VGA to HDMI Adapter to the GPU, my new 144hz Monitor worked fine. So I connected a different Monitor (Samsung) via DVI to see what would happen, and my 144hz monitor and the Samsung monitor worked together just fine. After connecting my Acer monitor again it too worked, therefore I had all 3 Monitors functioning. But I if would disconnect the Samsung monitor, the 144hz monitor would just go black again and say that "No Signal detected".

I don't really understand what the issue could be.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: GTX 1060
RAM: 4x G.Skill 4GB 2400 mhz
MOBO: MSI b350 gaming plus
PSU: BeQuiet 450Watt gold plus

Thanks in advance!

Solution
I updated my BIOS and did a clean DD install still not working. I can not connect the Acer monitor without an adapter beacause its only output is VGA and my GPU does not have this connector.
The PSU, like all the components, were bought January 2017.

Lutfij

Titan
You should make sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date, then make sure your OS is up to date, then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, to reinstall said (latest)drivers manually. Install the GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

How old is the PSU? Try connecting all displays without using an adapter(native connectivity to the GPU).

xperiamacka

Reputable
May 31, 2018
I updated my BIOS and did a clean DD install still not working. I can not connect the Acer monitor without an adapter beacause its only output is VGA and my GPU does not have this connector.
The PSU, like all the components, were bought January 2017.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS