Question Major Mouse Problem and New Mouse Suggestion

Armoredhound

Reputable
Jun 25, 2020
Hello there,

I bought the mouse (Canyon Hazard GM-6) and since the day I bought it (which was somewhere around 1 year ago) I've been using it on my desk.

I saw that the desk was starting to get a little bit flat, like glass, so I decided to buy a mousepad (the mousepad which I bought was the Marvo G41 almost 1 meter one for keyboard + mouse).

Apparently the day the mousepad came, I slowly put it on my desk and started testing everything out. My mouse was lagging, it was feeling sluggish, slow and laggy.

So, what should I do? The color of the mousepad is red with black, I don't think that has big effect if you ask me.

Cheers!

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
One would assume that something to do with the layer on your desktop pad isn't playing right with the optical sensor. If you put it back on the desk it works correctly?
If you flip up a bit of the pad and use it on the back does it work correctly?

If the answer is yes you likely need to return that particular pad and make another selection.

Armoredhound

Reputable
Jun 25, 2020
Sorry, didn't really explain myself properly.

The mouse is lagging
One would assume that something to do with the layer on your desktop pad isn't playing right with the optical sensor. If you put it back on the desk it works correctly?
If you flip up a bit of the pad and use it on the back does it work correctly?

If the answer is yes you likely need to return that particular pad and make another selection.

Yes, when I move it back to the desk the mouse is running fine.

Armoredhound

Reputable
Jun 25, 2020
Apparently it's not worth sending the mousepad back for a change, since it's just not worth it. Only the delivery price is almost x2 the price of the mousepad itself (I gotta send it, pay the delivery fee, then after they send me a new one, I gotta pay the delivery fee there too) so it's just not worth it.

I've made a test -

I've been running my mouse on my grippy desk (wooden desk) for a long time. Because of all the movement, my desk is becoming more glossy, more like glass or you can call it MORE SMOOTH. My desk became so smooth because of the mouse movements, that apparently I can't even use my mouse anymore.

My point is, should I buy a new mouse? I've tried to put a paper list under my mouse, my mouse is lagging. My mouse only works on grippy surface, not on smooth ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Armoredhound

Reputable
Jun 25, 2020
I still cannot understand what in the world is going on.

I've got two theories -

1. The mouse itself is defective. Most likely the sensor (Sunplus sensor). I've seen so many reviews of my mouse, people use it on mousepad - no problems there.
  2. The mouse is not supposed to run on flat surface.

I need your help with solving this issue, should I buy a new mouse, buy a new mouse pad or what..?