Major problem BSD Windows 7 Dual Monitors

aelkman

Reputable
Apr 22, 2014
Windows 7

Some facts

-This occurs while playing League of Legends randomly in the game while I have both monitors on, the other is only showing the desktop
-I recently got a trojan and it was "removed" by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Home (Premium) and since it seems to have fixed the problem
-Also added a second monitor afaik this problem started after installing it... no idea why this would cause a BSD but yeah

picture : http://postimg.org/image/50qpq78h7/

UPDATE: I believe this is related to the dual monitor issue.

tman1

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
Yea, turns out the network here is blocking the img.

Anyways, after a few minutes of research:

a stop 0x124 is the CPU telling Windows there was an uncorrectable hardware error presented to it by the motherboard or something attached, and the error code in the dump tells you where the problem is (hence the code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR). While it can be video, more often than not those start as TDR watchdog errors (0x116 stop errors). Most boxes that display 0x124s generally trace back to CPU cache failing, or corrupt hardware causing bit errors, etc. Video can be a 0x124, but with Win7 and Win8 and further, there are specific video bugcheck codes (like 0x113 and 0x116) that denote a driver or hardware problem on the video bus now.

aelkman

Reputable
Apr 22, 2014

Yeah, pretty sure it is related to video settings. I saw something about the PhysX settings when searching for "Dual Monitor BSOD GTX 770". I tried setting it to GPU only so we'll see if it resolves the issue. I doubt it will be that simple though. I could also try reinstalling my video drivers as maybe there is a corrupt file in there somewhere.

If anyone has experience with an issue like this with a GTX card plz let me know.

EDIT: It may actually be something related to the CPU working too hard with the multi-monitors, so perhaps setting the PhysX to GPU only will fix the issue. I'll have to do a few hours of gaming to find out. I will try and report back if I don't forget, hah.

aelkman

Reputable
Apr 22, 2014
Ok I have made sure that it isn't related to the dual monitor... so that isn't the issue. Maybe memory failure that isn't being noticed by windows memory diagnostic... is there any tool to use for checking memory more thoroughly?

aelkman

Reputable
Apr 22, 2014
Turns out it was the two monitors causing the issue, well actually it was the NVIDIA driver causing the issue. I think due to updating the drivers constantly through the NVIDIA Experience program, it had somehow screwed itself up. The reason I thought before it wasn't the monitors was because I hadn't restarted my computer so it was still using 2 monitor functionality (derp).

SOLUTION: Simply uninstalled all existing NVIDIA programs/drivers from my computer, and fresh installed the newest driver from their site. Problem is solved.