MAJOR problem trying to boot.

ect63

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
Hello, first off I'd like to thank you for taking the time to help me. Now then, I have this major issue with windows 7. I have never had Linux installed on this machine, EVER. This problem has nothing to do with linux. Earlier today, I accidentally deleted a windows file called wedaolu. (I have the show win 7 files thing on.) So I was like "oh crap didn't mean to do that" so I took it out of the recylce bin and put it RIGHT back where it belonged on the C:\ drive. I played a few games and ended up shutting off my computer. About an hour ago I decided to turn it back on and do some more things but to my surprise I get this error.

find --set-root --ignore-floppies --ignore-cd /wedaolu

Error 15: File not found

Press any key to continue....

I am then sent to a red screen with a bunch of options

Windows with SLIC loader (default)
Windows without loader
so on and so forth most are useless options. One option is the Grub command line. I do not know what the heck that is. I had made a backup of my files through the windows tool in case I needed to go back in time to that point. But I can't even access windows. Apparently this file is so holy that if you move it and put it back it refuses to work. As you can see I am getting extremely frustrated. Doing a full reinstall is NOT an option I am not going to delete hundreds of gigabytes of movies games and other various things. I just want to know if there is a command I can use like sfc /scannow in this grub menu to fix this garbage. Please help.
Sorry if this is in the wrong area.

"Some java script was running in my system and would stall the system for long time frequently. After resolving the script I deleted many files.. which had the script and it including "wedaolu". On restart I realized that boot sector was damaged. Bootsect took care of it but I got NTLDR .. after taking care of the problem the boot up was okay and there is no trace of "wedaolu".. This obviously means this file is not useful to the system and hence could be threat if it has some java script running on it."

http://systemexplorer.net/file-database/file/wedaolu/1294351

ect63

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
genius man. thanks for the sites they really helped a lot. i thought this was one of my worse problems windows wise and thought i was screwed. And i managed to fix it in like 15 minutes, thanks again.