Make NAS Visible on Wifi?

invento123

Prominent
May 5, 2018
So I built myself a NAS, kinda. I took an old pc, threw some drives in it and setup windows 10 on it. I then pooled the 4 drives into a raid 5 array and allowed network access on it.

So right now all my computers connected to the network with a wired connection can see it and add, change, remove, whatever. I also have an asus router connected the my modem no the same network and my laptop, roku, phone and such are connected to that. I cannot however see wifi devices on any wired computers or any wired computers on my wifi connected laptop. Is this because they are both different ip addresses and is there a way to connect them together?
Thank you!!!

Solution
This looks like improperly (or deliberately) configured router. Your WiFi should get IP addresses from the same network your LAN ports are on. Some routers support "Guest WiFi", where this WiFi network is intentionally separated from LAN and non-guest WiFi.

On your second question: No. Unless you allow remote desktop sessions to your computer.

invento123

Prominent
May 5, 2018
One more question, on my computer downstairs it is connected to a server at my work through VPN, is there any chance that someone down at the office could see my computers through the VPN? Thanks again

This looks like improperly (or deliberately) configured router. Your WiFi should get IP addresses from the same network your LAN ports are on. Some routers support "Guest WiFi", where this WiFi network is intentionally separated from LAN and non-guest WiFi.

On your second question: No. Unless you allow remote desktop sessions to your computer.

Solution