[SOLVED] Make web pages load faster

Status
Not open for further replies.

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
Hi,
i use most of my time of browsing on internet, on 4 ,max 5 web pages. 3 for soccer, 1 for cars and 1 for technology. I am on internet some hours per day, but almost, 80% of this on on these web pages.

Can i do anything , on these pages only, so these pages they load faster ? I am on the same page, and i click, new parts of it, ( visit different teams, or see different cars etc).

Can by, any how , except using an adblock, that i allready do, to make, only those pages, load faster ? If i remove the Jawa, then is super fast , but the page dont work well.
I allready have the fastest dns for my line and low latency (16).
Any ideas ?

USAFRet

Titan
Can you be more specific sir ? I am not so good on programming.
Its not on YOU...it is on whoever built that website.

Your hardware sounds OKish...nothing really to change on that.

But there are FAR too many websites out there with crappy and extraneous code, that simply makes it load slower. Nothing you can change on your end.

Reactions: manolis kokotsakis
Thinkpad T440s i7 4600u , 12 gb ram ddr3 , ssd 250 intel (soon samsung evo 860 250gb). vdsl 50 mbps.

I would not bother upgrading to the same size ssd. You are not going to notice any performance difference.
If, however the current ssd has used up it's available nand blocks, then, yes, performance can improve.
Run the intel ssd toolbox to check on the health of your ssd.

What browser are you using?
Google chrome, for example is a notorious ram hog.
Try firefox.

D

Deleted member 14196

What you really need is 100 Mb service to see a big fat difference your data pipe isn’t fat enough most likely. I would recommend bumping up the ram to at least 16 to 32 GB

Reactions: manolis kokotsakis

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
What browser are you using?
Look into different ones, it does make a difference.
With only 12gb of ram, your fastest may differ from a browser that uses ram to speed things up.
Some, for instance might try to guess what you might click on next and load the page ahead of time.
Edge is supposed to be fast. IE11 not so much.

I am using Chrome. I found is the fastest from the others i tryed. 12 gb ram is not enough for browsing ? I dont think you are correct sir.

manolis kokotsakis

Honorable
Mar 9, 2019
I have 2-3 web pages open together, at the most. My question was , when i am on a web page , for example for cars, on the same page , i click for many different models or companies. I can be oin the same page , 1 h , and do 300 clicks. But on the same page. I dont thinkmi need more than 12gb ram for it . I just ask, if i can do it faster. For the new load of the page, to be faster.

You might find it interesting to urn a web page trace app for the pages you visit.
Here is one I tried called pingdom:
I tried it going to tom's what's new. It took 2.1 seconds.
One of the major things taking time is the huge amount of time to visit adware sites before it takes you to the page you want.
From what I see, your delays are likely caused mostly by the web sites you are visiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.