Makeshift Liquid Cooling for PC?

Jun 21, 2018
Okay, so I dreamt up an idea last night, and I was wondering if it would work. So, it involves liquid cooling- if my understanding of it is correct, it works by having water-filled pipes throughout your computer and, due to water's high specific heat capacity, the water absorbs a lot of the heat generated by the computer. Well, last night, I had a dream that I put regular water bottles in the empty space within my computer case, and it worked as a cheap, makeshift liquid-cooling system, and I was wondering if anybody could tell me if it would actually work or not. I have a really big case, and there is a lot of space at the bottom. Yes, I know that heat rises, but I feel like it would still help if it works.

Solution
It only works and cools because the water picks up the heat, then it makes it way through a radiator in which fans blow the heat out of the case. Putting a bottle of water in the case will do nothing because the bottle is not in contact with anything that generates heat, and it has no way to leave the case. Just spend $50 on a basic all in one water cooler if you want to cool.
It only works and cools because the water picks up the heat, then it makes it way through a radiator in which fans blow the heat out of the case. Putting a bottle of water in the case will do nothing because the bottle is not in contact with anything that generates heat, and it has no way to leave the case. Just spend $50 on a basic all in one water cooler if you want to cool.

Solution
Jun 21, 2018

Okay, thank you. It seems I misunderstood liquid cooling before now. After all, it was a crazy idea from a dream. :p Thank you for clearing that up.