Making Motherboards The Gigabyte Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fadamor

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2007
Remind me not to buy any Gigabyte products from when those reporters were there. We all know how reporters like to shed! :)

Mr_Man

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
I couldn't help but notice that with the exception of 3 men in the last 2 pictures, every other employee of Gigabyte seems to be female. I always associate factory jobs with men, but apparently things are different in Taiwan. Of course, it could just be that the photographer "forgot" to take pictures of men.

pogsnet

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
Wow! you should also visit the other top 3 makers ASUS and MSI. Let's compare them which one is much professional on this. ^_^

gaiden

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2008
very insightful. im guessing women workers are on the floor probably because they are more agile with their smaller hands. After all, it's only fair for women to make 'mother'boards i assume :)

lightfoot__

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
Wow, that is cool. I have seen wave soldering in person so I know how precise and neat that is. I'm not sure I like how that guy is looking at my DS3L in slide 18 or 19 thought...

Whisper silent... I hope those are earbuds and not earplugs then. I think I'd have some form of carpel tunnel in a week there. Makes me appreciate the boards a bit more.

Thanks for a smart (though not super detailed) write up with fewer then usual errors in the writing!

Wooow that really impressive! That wants me to choose Gigabyre over other brands seeing the quality of the production and how much manual labor giving the quality over quantity

G

I had 5 expensive gigabyte motherboards which died in less than one year, amd 939 socket(2006), that was a well known gigabyte issue, why do you think they advertise "durable capacitors" on all of their boxes, tried 2 mobos 2 years after, got I bad, no longer trust gigabyte. Now I just buy Asus mobos. I'm surprise they have become the third largest motherboard manufacturer in the world.

G

I'm surprised they have supposedly become the third largest motherboard manufacturer, which I just found out it's not true.
Please check on digitimes financial information and check revenues for 2007 and it clearly states, gigabyte it's barely number 6.
please take a look at:
http://www.digitimes.com/fin/CoList.asp
and just pull down "mobos" and "motherboard" info and check by yourself.
They also have 2008 sales up to june and 1st quarter numbers as well.
Asustek is a monster company.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]Slobogob[/nom]The Board in picture 17 has a really wicked rear. 4 RJ45 (possibly LAN) connectors and 8 USB? Which Gigabyte board is that? [/citation]

That would be the GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DQ6 LGA 775. Thanks newegg, for sharing that with me after about 45 seconds worth of effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.