Question Making/Replacing SuperFlower Leadex II Gold 850w cables.

Jdye34

Commendable
Apr 15, 2019
Hello First Post here at tom's. Been perusing for many years now hope some people can help me out.

I have just bought a Sapphire Vega 64 LC and the modular cable set from my psu doesn't come with 2 separate 8pin PCIE Gpu leads (i wish to modify the powertable and dont want to overheat a lead), Or the second 8pin EPS my motherboard (Maximus XI Hero) supports. Feeling im pretty handy with electricals i have bought the tools to make custom cables and will be using 2 of the spare Clear connectors from the original outdated molex cable that came with the psu.
My question is this. I should be able to get the pinout from the GPU cable easy enough, but has anyone got the pinnouts for leadex II universal connectors? Also does anyone think this i risky to do with said psu? The Vega 64lc can pull up to 400W+ at times when overclocked to the limit. Thank you very much.

Jdye34

Commendable
Apr 15, 2019
ermmmm.... not really what i was going for. i have 2x8pins off one of the cables anyway so both ports are occupied. Im trying to do nice new seperate cables not really interested in a bodge job.

ermmmm.... not really what i was going for. i have 2x8pins off one of the cables anyway so both ports are occupied. Im trying to do nice new seperate cables not really interested in a bodge job.
What you are doing is a "bodge job" because you are trying to understand how the power coming out of the PSU can be manipulated into making more power for your GPU.
The simple solution and non bodge job is to use the correct converters, to which most GPU manufacturers include with thei GPU's.

Anyway, I also know what I am talking about when it comes to Electronics and items as such, good luck :)

USAFRet

Titan
Hello First Post here at tom's. Been perusing for many years now hope some people can help me out.

I have just bought a Sapphire Vega 64 LC and the modular cable set from my psu doesn't come with 2 separate 8pin PCIE Gpu leads (i wish to modify the powertable and dont want to overheat a lead), Or the second 8pin EPS my motherboard (Maximus XI Hero) supports. Feeling im pretty handy with electricals i have bought the tools to make custom cables and will be using 2 of the spare Clear connectors from the original outdated molex cable that came with the psu.
My question is this. I should be able to get the pinout from the GPU cable easy enough, but has anyone got the pinnouts for leadex II universal connectors? Also does anyone think this i risky to do with said psu? The Vega 64lc can pull up to 400W+ at times when overclocked to the limit. Thank you very much.
You will explode the PSU, the GPU, or both.

Jdye34

Commendable
Apr 15, 2019
okay? That is fine but can you explain how you came to this conclusion(or why?) the out ports on the psu are 'univeral' 9pin connectors. I have bought 15&17awg cable and crimps and stuff now

Last edited:

Jdye34

Commendable
Apr 15, 2019
What you are doing is a "bodge job" because you are trying to understand how the power coming out of the PSU can be manipulated into making more power for your GPU.
The simple solution and non bodge job is to use the correct converters, to which most GPU manufacturers include with thei GPU's.

Anyway, I also know what I am talking about when it comes to Electronics and items as such, good luck :)

Sorry to still question this I’m not trying to be insolent or disagree I’m just trying to be thorough as I thought this was possible.
I thought as the psu could already push the current through the single cable with 2 8pins on it then the same psu (without tripping the over current protection) should have no issues using 2 separate cables on the same 12v rail to spread the load over more cables, this is in essence what it is doing when using the Molex adapter from a separate psu cable.