[SOLVED] Making Sure I Have Correct Ram Before I Install

Feb 9, 2023
Hey all, just bought a new pre-built PC from Dell and I wanted to add some more ram into it to sort of future-proof it for a while. I just want to make sure that it would be compatible with my system before I install it, as I am always nervous when installing new hardware to a pre-built. (I have anxiety lol)

Anyway, my system specs are

CPU - 12th Gen Intel Core i9 12900k
Current RAM is - 32 GB DDR5 (2x16) 4800 MHz (although CPU-Z shows it as 2400 MHz, I think that is normal because technically it's "Double Date Rate")
Motherboard - Not sure to be quite honest. CPU-Z doesn't really give me a model or brand, well, except for dell. But my PC is a Dell XPS 8950

The RAM I bought 32 GB (2x16) DDR5 4800 mhz from Corsair (Called "Vengeance DDR5)

If anyone smarter then me can say for sure that it should run fine in my system, I will go ahead and do the install. I know I could just try it and see, but like I said, just a nervous type of person.

Feb 9, 2023
This is solved!

I went ahead and installed the ram, which was a lot bigger than the ram that came with the PC (I got two sticks of ram that have heatsinks on them) but they installed smoothly and clicked into place. (I was also installing a 2 TB NVMe SSD and that went fine as well.)

When I booted up there was a message from my BIOS that said the memory had been altered, because of course I put more in lol, and I selected the options to continue the boot process. Logged into Windows, and ran CPU-Z and all four ram sticks are recognized and running fine.) And my SSD is fine as well. Now time to move all my games to the new drive. If you have to delete this, go ahead, but you could also leave it up to anyone with a similar setup who also asks this question and can find this in search results.