Aug 16, 2024
I’m looking for a USB-C hub for my Pixel 7 Pro USB 3.2 Gen2 port that can connect to its USB-C port. The hub should have two female USB-C ports: one for connecting USB-C Apple EarPods to make phone calls, and the other for charging the phone and supporting data transfer. The data transfer should enable USB debugging mode, allowing me to use the mirroring application namely scrcpy. Can you recommend a product that meets these requirements?

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Not (full disclosure) a product recommendation.

I would be very leery of such splitters.

Many splitters are just simple "Y" connections.

The concern being that the charging process could be feeding volts/amps directly into the Apple EarPods.

If the splitter is not specifically designed for dual use as required then the consequences are likely to be bad.

There is much to be considered.

FYI:

https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/te...pe-c-which-pins-power-delivery-data-transfer/

I will defer to those who have or know of vetted splitters that meet the posted requirements.

However, in the meantime, do not start connecting and trying/testing any sort of USB-C adapters/splitters, etc..

No harm in recommending care and caution.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Aug 16, 2024
Not (full disclosure) a product recommendation.

I would be very leery of such splitters.

Many splitters are just simple "Y" connections.

The concern being that the charging process could be feeding volts/amps directly into the Apple EarPods.

If the splitter is not specifically designed for dual use as required then the consequences are likely to be bad.

There is much to be considered.

FYI:

https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/te...pe-c-which-pins-power-delivery-data-transfer/

I will defer to those who have or know of vetted splitters that meet the posted requirements.

However, in the meantime, do not start connecting and trying/testing any sort of USB-C adapters/splitters, etc..

No harm in recommending care and caution.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
thanks. i have updated my question