Malicious Microsoft Word Files Use New Techniques To Evade Security Sandboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
These time and money wasting games will continue until the last thing convicted malware authors hear is "Game Over," before someone ruins their day with a single large caliber round to the back of the head.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
The article says HitManPro.Alert 3 does exactly this.

I'd also tend to think that making any sort of checks for ones IP, recent file history, etc. could be used to detect suspicious malware. I think there are probably few or no legitimate docs which do those things.

After reading about the hastening decline of the PC market, I can say one thing we won't miss about PCs is malware. Sure, hackers will just focus more on the cloud, but at least that tends to be better secured than the typical home PC.

Keep dreaming. Most of these folks are operating in jurisdictions where their victims' governments can't touch them. And I'll bet a fair few are in organized crime syndicates that would protect them from any street justice people might try to carry out.

But I do remember reading about a spammer who had been murdered, like 10 years ago...

Achoo22

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
It's further evidence that Microsoft operating systems are garbage. It should never be possible for a corrupted document to install a system backdoor.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

i don't want to say garbage mainly because the only alternatives are so user unfriendly that they are not options for the vast majority or are apple which i view as worse then windows even though i hate windows 10, id rather use it then a mac.

Kimonajane

Commendable
May 24, 2016
Maybe if Microsoft wasn't in bed with FED, working with the NSA on their software to put back doors in for them they would be able to make a better secure product. MS has been in bed with the Fascist FED since the XP days maybe even earlier.
Before any MS fanboy says pfft it was leaked out a few years back that MS worked with the NSA on the Vista OS.

f-14

Distinguished
KIMONAJANE the Fed mandated the open back doors policy since the pedophile serial rapist pot smoker days of slippery willy clinton and the digital millenium copy right act and other internet security laws passed back then it even limited dialup speed to 56k, something we can probably do away with nowdays. there were other laws passed before slippery willy clinton but the clinton era updated so much it made the obamacare bill look tiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.