Man and Machine Wins 'Mighty Mouse' Trademark

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]08nwsula[/nom]Apple attempts to sue a company that makes products for hospitals. See, Apple truly is bad for people.[/citation]

Sigh. Apple didn't sue anyone.

Rough break down of events:

- Apple legally licences the "Mighty Mouse" moniker from CBS because CBS owns the trademark for the Mighty Mouse cartoon.

- CBS and Man and Machine both file for the trademark relating to mice around the same time (CBS actually filed first but whatever).

- Man and Machine sues both CBS and Apple for trademark infringement claiming it filed first.

- Both filings were put on hold while the courts dealt with the lawsuit detailed above.

- As a result of the suit, CBS dropped its application in June.

- Man and Machine went ahead its application and was yesterday awarded the trademark for 'Might Mouse' in relation to computer peripherals.

crazymech

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
Honestly, it's fun reading apple articles here on Toms because that's where you get the most biased company-hate xD

crazymech

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
Btw, as a response to the biased hate, thanks Jane for writing the articles that you (and well, rest of toms) do. I enjoy reading, and also enjoy the comments (so thanks user base of toms too :D)

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]crazymech[/nom]Btw, as a response to the biased hate, thanks Jane for writing the articles that you (and well, rest of toms) do. I enjoy reading, and also enjoy the comments (so thanks user base of toms too )[/citation]

A reader just thanked me for writing Apple news. This just in, Hell is freezing over.

ceteras

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2008
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]A reader just thanked me for writing Apple news. This just in, Hell is freezing over.[/citation]

Make that two. Thank you, Jane!

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]ceteras[/nom]Make that two. Thank you, Jane![/citation]

You guuuuys. You're ruining the common misconception that I actually work for Apple and am paid to write about their iProducts!

ChuckDriver

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2008
The dishwasher-safe Mighty Mouse would be good for applications outside of hospitals and labs, like school computer clusters. The mice and keyboards in those places get very nasty. I'm glad that you wrote an article about them. I'll be doing more research...

G

Hospitals and labs are nothing. The dirtiest mice/keyboards/computers I've ever seen by far were at a cookie and cracker factory. Everything was coated inside and out with a brownish layer of flour, cinnamon, sugar, etc. Being able to just toss them into a sink or dishwasher would have made life a lot easier.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Jane, in the past I didn't mind Apple news (like this one since it's real news).

It was the bias, opinions, and app store play-by-play that was getting annoying. A few of your colleagues could learn something from reading this article.

Apple Joke:
Apple is said to be coming up with new mice and keyboards in the near future
So they're going to finally innovate a second button?

wildwell

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
The basic Apple mouse already has four buttons on it. They are just very subtle, and left/right mouse sensitivity is turned off by default when you first turn a new computer on. This has been the case for several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS