Question Manage Wireless Networks - Only Icons

Gemo

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2013
Earlier today I was helping a friend install a new router using my Win7 notebook - and got it installed and working OK (for her) - but my notebook would only connect with "limited connectivity".
I didn't worry about it at the time but when i got back home and went into Manage Wireless Networks all i could see on the wifi network I can connect to was a list (down the left side of the window under Add header) of the icons.. FYI - I "think" some how the problem with accessing my friend's new router screwed up the listings (although maybe there was some other cause)

If you rt click on the icon and select Properties you can see the info on each on the networks...
Also the wifi connection to my home networks (and I presume all others on the list) work OK.

So the obvious question is how to i get a proper listing of all the profiles for the wifi networks.

Thanks for any help.

Gemo

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2013
Success - best I can tell it looks like (and for some cause/reason) my Permissions somehow got screwed up and after updating (ie. playing around with) some of my permissions, and after rebooting, I was able to get the Manage Windows Networks display window showing all the details properly.