Question Management webpage for Lenovo NAS (px12-450r) is inaccessible

buffered

Reputable
Oct 8, 2020
Hello,
We have an old Lenovo PX12-450R NAS that is being used as a fileserver.
File shares of the servers are accessible and OK, but we cannot access its management webpage. Login page is not appearing from the network.
Login page appeared from the VGA after reboot, but after entering credentials, it stucked at the login page, by showing the "Processing" message only.
Is there any workaround for this issue and is it possible to reset the NAS completely without accessing the management webpage?

Thank you in advance for your replies...

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,
We have an old Lenovo PX12-450R NAS that is being used as a fileserver.
File shares of the servers are accessible and OK, but we cannot access it's management webpage, the login page is not appearing even on the monitor connected with VGA.

I've tried a forced reboot but the management page is still not accessible.
Is there any workaround for this issue and is it possible to reset the NAS completely without accessing the management webpage?

Thank you in advance for your replies...
When you rebooted the unit, did you have a monitor connected? It may not enable the video output if there is no monitor connected at boot.

buffered

Reputable
Oct 8, 2020
When you rebooted the unit, did you have a monitor connected? It may not enable the video output if there is no monitor connected at boot.
Ah, sorry, a monitor is connected from VGA, and login page appeared after reboot, but after entering credentials, it stucked at the login page, by showing the "Processing" message only.

kanewolf

Titan
Ah, sorry, a monitor is connected from VGA, and login page appeared after reboot, but after entering credentials, it stucked at the login page, by showing the "Processing" message only.
That sounds like a corruption of the firmware or a database corruption. Do you have SSH or telnet access?
That is a 10 year old model (based on the dates of reviews). It is possible you might get help from Lenovo but equally likely that they will says "end of support".
This page might help, seems like similar symptoms -- https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/LenovoEMC-Storage/px12-450r-firmware-update/m-p/3286407

Reactions: buffered

buffered

Reputable
Oct 8, 2020
That sounds like a corruption of the firmware or a database corruption. Do you have SSH or telnet access?
That is a 10 year old model (based on the dates of reviews). It is possible you might get help from Lenovo but equally likely that they will says "end of support".
This page might help, seems like similar symptoms -- https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/LenovoEMC-Storage/px12-450r-firmware-update/m-p/3286407
Unfortunately, ssh/telnet access is not enabled. I will try doing a forced reboot after disconnecting the network cables for the last time, It's likely not possible to retrieve the management, though. I don't think Lenovo will help, but I will try it, thank you.