Manor Lords is here and we benchmarked it — how much GPU horsepower do you need to play the indie hit?

Paul Basso

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
something must be broken really badly to AMD to be outperformed this way. Radeon 7000 XTX outperformed for a 4700super at 4K nonsense!

Notton

Prominent
Dec 29, 2023
AMD GPUs have had an issue with Unreal Engine for a while now. It's no surprise they perform worse in a game that uses UE4/5.

"Why does everyone hate Nvidia but still use them anyways?" It's because of stuff like this.
AMD, please stop dropping the ball at drivers if you are going to charge a premium for the hardware that doesn't even perform all that well to begin with.

RX7900XTX still offers a playable experience at 4K ultra, so there is at least that.

tamalero

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
AMD GPUs have had an issue with Unreal Engine for a while now. It's no surprise they perform worse in a game that uses UE4/5.

"Why does everyone hate Nvidia but still use them anyways?" It's because of stuff like this.
AMD, please stop dropping the ball at drivers if you are going to charge a premium for the hardware that doesn't even perform all that well to begin with.

RX7900XTX still offers a playable experience at 4K ultra, so there is at least that.
"AMD Dropping the ball". I call bull.
Nvidia sometimes pay hefty sums to have tailored optimizations. AMD has had their way a few times too (like that racing game).
Let's not forget funky stuff like Nvidia forcing Batman's developer to disable certain things on AMD's chips even if it works fine on them.

Reactions: RubberMallet

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
Absolutely no CPU performance specs and using a CPU that has known problems right now.

Seriously you call this professional?
I think they did a lot of benchmarks as it is. And it shows their test system was a 13900K.
Also, as many people/media have reported, and Intel made a statement on, it's the settings of the motherboard, not Intel. If you put Intel's limits on the CPU, they run fine.

Notton

Prominent
Dec 29, 2023
"AMD Dropping the ball". I call bull.
Nvidia sometimes pay hefty sums to have tailored optimizations. AMD has had their way a few times too (like that racing game).
Let's not forget funky stuff like Nvidia forcing Batman's developer to disable certain things on AMD's chips even if it works fine on them.
Yeah, exactly. There is no law or rule against doing that, and AMD's finances are doing fine.
There's nothing stopping AMD from doing the same thing.
Yet they don't, and it shows up in a ton of games.

Why wouldn't you spend time, money, and manpower working with a game dev? If the game runs better, everyone is happier. It's literally win-win-win.

rustigsmed

Distinguished
yeah interesting - I was getting about 200-250fps in the early game on a 5950x and 7900xtx at 1440p ultra / native res. late game more like 140-150fps. but I'm on Arch Linux so perhaps there is plenty of room for the AMD proprietry windows drivers to improve yet.

tamalero

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
Yeah, exactly. There is no law or rule against doing that, and AMD's finances are doing fine.
There's nothing stopping AMD from doing the same thing.
Yet they don't, and it shows up in a ton of games.

Why wouldn't you spend time, money, and manpower working with a game dev? If the game runs better, everyone is happier. It's literally win-win-win.
it's called Nvidia's monopolistic "The way its mean to be played" XD