Question Manually changed RAM speed and now Windows 10 will not work

Nov 28, 2020
I manually changed my RAM speed from AUTO to 2133 in the BIOS thinking I was missing some of the processing power from the RAM. After doing that, my PC is unable to open Windows 10 and is stuck trying to repair the disk. Left it overnight to diagnose the issue but there was no progress made. I've managed to get back into the BIOS settings and reset everything to default but I am still unable to boot up entirely. Currently my computer is "Fixing (C Drive) Stage 1 " and has been doing so with no progress for an hour. Below are my components. Did I kill my PC by changing the RAM settings? Do I need a new motherboard/CPU/RAM? Any help would be appreciated.

Motherboard: MSI H110M Gaming Micro ATX LFA1151 Motherboard

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR4 - 2133 CL15 Memory

CPU: Intel i5-6500 3.2 GHz

I manually changed my RAM speed from AUTO to 2133 in the BIOS thinking I was missing some of the processing power from the RAM. After doing that, my PC is unable to open Windows 10 and is stuck trying to repair the disk. Left it overnight to diagnose the issue but there was no progress made. I've managed to get back into the BIOS settings and reset everything to default but I am still unable to boot up entirely. Currently my computer is "Fixing (C Drive) Stage 1 " and has been doing so with no progress for an hour. Below are my components. Did I kill my PC by changing the RAM settings? Do I need a new motherboard/CPU/RAM? Any help would be appreciated.

Motherboard: MSI H110M Gaming Micro ATX LFA1151 Motherboard

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR4 - 2133 CL15 Memory

CPU: Intel i5-6500 3.2 GHz
Do a clear CMOS. This will result in the default-optimal settings being loaded in thd Bios again