[SOLVED] Manually configure multiple wifi connections with WPA2-PSK key in Windows 7 Pro ?

Rob Scouse

Honorable
Jan 2, 2017
Hello Toms Hardware Forum members,

I have issue with connecting more than 1 USB WIFI adapter(i have 3 usb wifi adapters i want to connect "simultaneously" to 1 SSID wifi point:T Link AC 1200,Netgear N900,and realtek 8192 or 8188 wifi usb adapters); i experience errors in connecting more than one wifi adapter in private home network mode(windows wifi auto-connect feature is unavailable and/or windows network connection errors out when inputting WPA key in wifi key fields AND windows network troubleshooting never can fix the aforementioned issues!!),and would like to know how i may manually configure the usb wifi adapters to connect to one SSID wifi point either through windows 7 command prompt or third party freeware/shareware(please list any in your reply??)

any helpful replies would greatly be appreciated for this disabled pc user!!

Solution
Window might be too "helpful?" in this case. I have not actually tried to run multiple to the same SSID at the same time. Does your router have the ability to have multiple SSID.
What you should at least be able to do is assign the 2.4 and 5 radio different SSID. You might trick windows into thinking they are different.

This comes down to why do you want to do this. Even if you accomplish it only 1 wifi nic will function. They are all on the same ip subnet and only 1 interface can be used. This would only be good for some testing comparing nics easier since you could switch around which one is running.

You can run multiple wifi nics to completely different networks with careful configuration but running to the same...
Window might be too "helpful?" in this case. I have not actually tried to run multiple to the same SSID at the same time. Does your router have the ability to have multiple SSID.
What you should at least be able to do is assign the 2.4 and 5 radio different SSID. You might trick windows into thinking they are different.

This comes down to why do you want to do this. Even if you accomplish it only 1 wifi nic will function. They are all on the same ip subnet and only 1 interface can be used. This would only be good for some testing comparing nics easier since you could switch around which one is running.

You can run multiple wifi nics to completely different networks with careful configuration but running to the same network is not really allowed and maybe windows is not allowing it at the SSID level as well as the ip level.

Solution