[SOLVED] Many questions about Handbrake tool video compression,

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
I have an rendered output video from my editing software and want to reduce the size by using the popular tool named Handbrake without losing so much quality. Compression works on this video? 8000 kpbs bitrate 720p20 16min long. so if I set the compression slider to Medium or Slow or even Slower(which takes like a day and destroys the purpose since video itself will take that long to upload anyway in the first place) can reduce the size? or I end up with blocky artifacts everywhere? does that makes sense? Using any slider value makes sense at all and works? or its just waste of time?

I used H265 with NVIDIA acceleration rendered fast but compression slider is different than normal H265 and all slider values I tested is ended up almost same size. so do I need to use normal H265 or H264 without hardware acceleration? There are no Medium Slow or Slower slider values in gpu acceleration. H265 actually cuts the size in half?

is this work at all or waste of time?

Solution
Nevermind, I decide to hard edit in my videos for reduced duration and lower file size, it will cut the video in half but oh well,

You can delete this thread if you wish, problem solved,

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Nevermind, I decide to hard edit in my videos for reduced duration and lower file size, it will cut the video in half but oh well,

You can delete this thread if you wish, problem solved,

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.