Question Map Network Drive, Username/Password incorrect

intheend

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2013
I am losing my damn mind with this. Switching from a Synology NAS to a Windows 10 one (Very unfamiliar with Linux and TrueNAS/FreeNAS wouldn't recognize the NIC) and the network drive wont map. I add the location and it wants credentials even though the password option in network/sharing is disabled on both machines. I try my microsoft account info and it's wrong, try the user account name / login pin, wrong. What the hell am I doing wrong? I may be missing something super obvious, please help.

Stuff they may or may not matter, I am somewhat new to network sharing:
Connected to same router / modem (XFINITY)
Running NordVPN on both, turned off same problem
The target is called "PLEXNAS", I put in "\\PLEXNAS\Media" for the drive I want, CREDENTIALS. I browse and click on "PLEXNAS", CREDENTIALS

Last edited:
When your Plex Media Server is claimed or signed in to a Plex account, then all access to the server will require authentication by default. That means that you either need to be signed in with the server’s admin/owner account or with an account with which the server is shared.

This helps keep your server, computer, and network safe, because only authorized access is allowed by default.

In rare cases, you may decide that you wish to allow very specific access from the local network without authentication. You might do this if using a third-party Plex app, which doesn’t support authentication, for instance (though all modern official and third-party apps should already support authentication).

intheend

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2013
When your Plex Media Server is claimed or signed in to a Plex account, then all access to the server will require authentication by default. That means that you either need to be signed in with the server’s admin/owner account or with an account with which the server is shared.

This helps keep your server, computer, and network safe, because only authorized access is allowed by default.

In rare cases, you may decide that you wish to allow very specific access from the local network without authentication. You might do this if using a third-party Plex app, which doesn’t support authentication, for instance (though all modern official and third-party apps should already support authentication).
The Plex Server is working, I'm trying to network share the HDD the videos are on so I can transfer files from my PC to the NAS.