Mark Data, former commercial games for free download

Bob Withers (www.ruffboy.com) has put up for free download six games he
co-authored with Steve O'Dea under the company name Mark Data in the
80's. Mr. Withers is also notable for an early Adventure port to
MS-DOS. The games are graphical (CGA) IF.

The games, along with several more recent programs, are available at
http://www.ruffboy.com/download.htm. The links all say "source", but
they also contain the executables. There are also maps, walkthroughs
and cover-art.

The games are Shenanigans, Sea Search, Calixto Island, The Black
Sanctum, Trekboer and The Vortex Factor.

I've just found this site so I'm going to start playing (when these
games were being released I was still having dilemmas with Cookie
Monster being a *good* monster). One note is that "QUIT" requires a
reboot (or an "End Task" in Windows) so beware.

JohnnyMrNinja wrote:
> Bob Withers (www.ruffboy.com) has put up for free download six games he
> co-authored with Steve O'Dea under the company name Mark Data in the
> 80's. Mr. Withers is also notable for an early Adventure port to
> MS-DOS. The games are graphical (CGA) IF.
>
> The games, along with several more recent programs, are available at
> http://www.ruffboy.com/download.htm. The links all say "source", but
> they also contain the executables. There are also maps, walkthroughs
> and cover-art.
>
> The games are Shenanigans, Sea Search, Calixto Island, The Black
> Sanctum, Trekboer and The Vortex Factor.
>
> I've just found this site so I'm going to start playing (when these
> games were being released I was still having dilemmas with Cookie
> Monster being a *good* monster). One note is that "QUIT" requires a
> reboot (or an "End Task" in Windows) so beware.

Thanks for sharing this information Mr. Ninja ;)

Kind regards,
RootShell

--
RootShell, Lisbon, Portugal, Europe, Earth ;)
To protect against spam, the address in the "From:" header is not valid.

"JohnnyMrNinja" <JohnnyMrNinja@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Bob Withers (www.ruffboy.com) has put up for free download six games he
> co-authored with Steve O'Dea under the company name Mark Data in the
> 80's. Mr. Withers is also notable for an early Adventure port to
> MS-DOS. The games are graphical (CGA) IF.
>
> The games, along with several more recent programs, are available at
> http://www.ruffboy.com/download.htm. The links all say "source", but
> they also contain the executables. There are also maps, walkthroughs
> and cover-art.
>
> The games are Shenanigans, Sea Search, Calixto Island, The Black
> Sanctum, Trekboer and The Vortex Factor.

Oooh... and CoCo BIN files too! Thanks for the link!

--- Mike.