Mass Effect 3 Delayed, New Screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
Just like the last time you posted the second half of this article, the Illusive Man probably doesn't need to "hire" his own organization to take care of Shepard.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Frankly, I welcome this news! BioWare has much to redeem itself for given the mess (relatively speaking) of Dragon Age 2. My fear was that they would rush through ME3 and simply capitalize on the fact that we would all buy it regardless. Delays are generally good things as it indicates that some sort of quality control has either caught something or they want to fine tune something else. Better the wait than the disappointment(s).

shloader

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
cuz a comma looked better than a slash? I wouldn't anticipate both being in the game unless they directly said "both will be in game at the same time".

Anaxamenes

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
I can wait. ME 1 and 2 were so awesome, that I want them to make sure they have everything in order. But, my generosity comes at a price. How about letting me borrow the rights to the IP to make a TV mini-series out of it? I'll split the merchandising profits with you BioWare. :eek:D

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
[citation][nom]burnley14[/nom]Why Kaidan and Ashley? One of them HAD to die in the storyline no matter how it played out.[/citation]

it will still run off of your ME2 game save, so needless to say only 1 will be "in the game" once you load your old save.

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
Good. I want them to spend more time on it. I was pretty disappointed with how Dragon Age 2 turned out. I'd rather them spend more time on the game and have it be good than have it come out too quickly and be a letdown. If they ruined the ME series by having a sucky ending, I would be seriously mad... lol

pclee

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
I hope ME3 is closer to ME1 in customization. I'm still not convinced that ME2 has more weapons and armor options than ME1. That said the whole micromanagement aspect of the ME series sucks. It's not StarCraft and therefore seems wholly unnecessary.

G

Still no Miranda.

She was my favorite part of ME2. And no matter how it ended she always survived so I am surprised they havent listed her for ME3.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
[citation][nom]truchonic[/nom]ugly game any ways!!!!![/citation]
You should play it. It is not the best in graphics, but it is not ugly by any means. Also, it is the story and gameplay that makes this series one of the greatest of all times.

[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]Still no Miranda.She was my favorite part of ME2. And no matter how it ended she always survived so I am surprised they havent listed her for ME3.[/citation]
Yeah, I'd like to see Shepard get a good look at that genetically-engineered body of hers...

truchonic

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
yeah but 95% of my game life is online and i never play it before buy i saw it and an my ps3 (the dead one) o got the demo the first one was kinda lame but the second one was a lot better maybe i see it if i like it i'll buy it is like dead space good graphics and good story mode but i don't think Mass Effect series is one of the greatest of all time is you love it i respect your position and your ideas for me battle field i can't wait to have it on my hands . d:)

mlcaouette

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
First gears 3 is pushed back now this. They should just stop giving dates so we don't get our hopes/expectations up. Oh and stm1185 Miranda died on my second play throuh with the hardest difficulty.

R6ex

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
Glad to hear it. Bet they can really polish up this game now.

Play the "Arrival" DLC, and it felt so clunky. The movement, gun-fight and graphics were all so last-gen!

Hope ME3 will be a big step up from ME2.

My fav. game!

eltoro

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
"When asked about the delay, EA boss John Riccitiello said, “Essentially, step by step, [BioWare is] adjusting some of the gameplay mechanics and some of the features that you’ll see at E3 that can put this into a genre equivalent of shooter-meets-RPG, and essentially address a far larger market opportunity than Mass Effect 1 did and Mass Effect 2 began to approach.”

What a crappy trend! That's exactly the reason why Dragon Age would never be as popular and as highly regarded as BioWare's classic RPGs (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment).
This is the final nail in the coffin of the old BioWare. They have sold their souls to the devil (EA).

To all of you who are disappointed with Dragon Age and crave a real RPG, I highly recommend The Witcher and The Witcher 2 (will be released on May 17th).

captainnemojr

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]Still no Miranda.She was my favorite part of ME2. And no matter how it ended she always survived so I am surprised they havent listed her for ME3.[/citation]

I agree. She was my love interest as I let Ashley die in ME1. I sure hope she's included or else I will have to start all over and go for Ashley.

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]truchonic[/nom]yeah but 95% of my game life is online and i never play it before buy i saw it and an my ps3 (the dead one) o got the demo the first one was kinda lame but the second one was a lot better maybe i see it if i like it i'll buy it is like dead space good graphics and good story mode but i don't think Mass Effect series is one of the greatest of all time is you love it i respect your position and your ideas for me battle field i can't wait to have it on my hands . d[/citation]

Nearly ran out of breath reading this.

Status
Not open for further replies.