Mass Effect 3, Far Cry 3 Dated for 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
FC2 is very hard-core. The pace is slow and deliberate (until they spot you!), like in Ghost Recon tactical shooter. FC2 is also an open sandbox style of game play like GTA 3 & 4. It's not about going from very scripted level to level spraying bullets as fast as you can push a button (you can, but won't get far in a realistic way).
You need to carefully plan your strategy using different environments, guns, vehicles, etc. It takes practice to learn how to be invisible without a nano-suit and play the game correctly. I found this engrossing enough to want to play the game correctly-not arcade style.
The biggest complaint is fast checkpoint re-spawn time, but fixing the car is also unrealistically fast (both can be slower). Also, why is everyone your enemy if you are working for a faction? FC2 is very immersive with a large & detailed environment (with a bus to help you get around quickly) and a story worth telling. I actually like this style of playing and I hope FC3 is like FC2, but better.
my 2 cents..

[edit] Yes, there are some rough edges like the AI could be at times better as nebun said. Hope this gets fixed.
If you want FC3 to be more like FC1, its been done already - It's called Crysis.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]enewmen[/nom]FC2 is very hard-core. The pace is slow and deliberate (until they spot you!), like in Ghost Recon tactical shooter. FC2 is also an open sandbox style of game play like GTA 3 & 4. It's not about going from very scripted level to level spraying bullets as fast as you can push a button (you can, but won't get far in a realistic way). You need to carefully plan your strategy using different environments, guns, vehicles, etc. It takes practice to learn how to be invisible without a nano-suit and play the game correctly. I found this engrossing enough to want to play the game correctly-not arcade style.The biggest complaint is fast checkpoint re-spawn time, but fixing the car is also unrealistically fast (both can be slower). FC2 is very immersive with a large & detailed environment (with a bus to help you get around quickly) and a story worth telling. I actually like this style of playing and I hope FC3 is like FC2, but better.my 2 cents..[/citation]
really?....fc2 was junk...the ai was very lame

skaz

Distinguished
[citation][nom]plznote[/nom]I hope FarCry 3 is more like FarCry than FarCry 2.[/citation]

My thoughts exactly.

I'm skeptical though after reading the part where it said it was coming out for the consoles too.

Spyker2041

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
If anyone has seen the E3 Trailer for Far Cry 3 when you kill someone in the campaogn it displays "+10" on your screen like some fucking RPG game.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]Article[/nom]will be available in a digital format on the PC exclusively through EA's new digital store destination, Origin.[/citation]

Now if that isn't shooting itself in the foot, I don't know what is.

The DLC system for ME and DA is horrible at best, but this certainly tops it. If you can't have it on steam, it is not available in my book.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]really?....fc2 was junk...the ai was very lame[/citation]

It had its flaws, but it wasn't junk. It's a rather good game. Am still wearing the tshirt that came with it from time to time.

It has it's shortcommings though, like diamons not even mattering and stuff, but overall it's a nice game. At least when you compare it with stuff like MW2 or halflife episodes (talking singleplayer experience).

tavix

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
Far Cry 3 better be like the original Far Cry, not the junk FC2 was. First Far Cry was the game of his era!

G

[citation][nom]sync_nine[/nom]Bulk of the article was about Mass Effect 3, but none of the comments so far have even mentioned about it lol.FC3 FTW[/citation]

Ha. That shows you what a lack of appreciation you and others have for quality games.

Tamz_msc

Distinguished

Yes, apart from that its looking good so far. Feels like Uncharted 2 in First person.

skaz

Distinguished
[citation][nom]hotsacoman[/nom]Ha. That shows you what a lack of appreciation you and others have for quality games.[/citation]

Lack of appreciation? Joker you made me smirk. Maybe the comments were lacking at first because coverage for ME3 is everywhere. Look, ME1 and ME2 were good games. And when ME3 comes out it will be another fun game. It will also be prepped and ready to milk the money out of you for the all the short lacking DLC just like other games that do remotely well.

Biggins

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2004
[citation][nom]enewmen[/nom]FC2 is very hard-core.[/citation]
I wouldn't call FC2 hard-core. It's a little harder than arcade games like the Call of Duty series. FC2 takes more planning. Like picking up a new rifle and ammo from a gun shop before you attack an outpost. You also spend a lot of time looking at your map to figure out what to do next. With COD, your gameplay is very linear and you don't get to pick the next mission or what weapons to use. If you want hard-core, try Arma 2. There is a lot of planning and tactics involved. You also have to memorize a lot of key combinations. Not just W, A, S, D and 2 mouse buttons. I would say Arma 2 is harder than Ghost Recon.

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
"The game is slated to hit the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3"

enough said....poor pc players, me including. I also have a 360, but playing a FPS on a console it's like playing basketball with no hands.

G

[citation][nom]skaz[/nom]Lack of appreciation? Joker you made me smirk. Maybe the comments were lacking at first because coverage for ME3 is everywhere. Look, ME1 and ME2 were good games. And when ME3 comes out it will be another fun game. It will also be prepped and ready to milk the money out of you for the all the short lacking DLC just like other games that do remotely well.[/citation]

Yeah, quite the lack. Which doesn't make me laugh, but cry lol. And the comments weren't lacking because of coverage, but because standards, and consequently, appreciation for games in general have lowered, primarily because of cookie cutter shooters like every COD after 4 and every Cryengine game after Far Cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.