Mass MW3 Registrations Choking Call of Duty Elite

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Whoa, seriously? They made it for the original DS, rather than the 3DS?
Sure, the visuals would still look bad on the 3DS, but not as bad as the original DS..

hpglow

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
[citation][nom]adamboy64[/nom]Whoa, seriously? They made it for the original DS, rather than the 3DS?Sure, the visuals would still look bad on the 3DS, but not as bad as the original DS..[/citation]
Larger installed base.

x Heavy

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
No one wants to be living in the sewers below when they can spend more money to gain cloud 9.

I think we are seeing a end of an era of single p6urchase stand-alone gaming

ltdementhial

Aug 20, 2011
[citation][nom]jdwii[/nom]Show off's...............Na its OK Activision we all know BF3 is a better game then MW3.[/citation]

I just finished Mw3 on Vet and i finished BF3 Last Week...BF3 was awesome in both grapichs and gameplay, but the story of the game was very weak...i just keep playing for the visuals...one thing i hated was that i killed very few enemys...when in CoD if you dont advance in some points enemys will keep respawning.

As i Said i just finished Mw3 on Vet...it was ok at the begining but starting on the Turbulence mission the game turned awesome...played trough to Blood Brothers i will not give spoilers but damn it almost made me cry and conected the dots from Mw1,2,3 very nicely done...of course i encountered a couple flops but not big deal.

Battlefield 3 sins day one was full of trolls making respawn kills with C-4, Guys doing Stunts and getting killed affecting the score, more trolls camping hard and disturbing with everything...i have played for 2 hours and i havent played the same map twice thing that in Mw2 was very annoying...the maps are great...but not perfect, Kill confirm is good because one don't see to many campers the only BIG negative i have seen is that several maps are full of bugs...but not helping is more like getting stuck in a door or windows that don't break so if you throw a grenade or flash it may hit you back...oh and i love that there are no overpowered players like in MW2.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]jdwii[/nom]Show off's...............Na its OK Activision we all know BF3 is a better game then MW3.[/citation]

Man, you said it! I saw the commercial for MW3 (the vet and the n00b). I thought that was pretty cool, but I was anxious to see the game play. When I finally did see it I was thinking, "This looks like crap!" No wonder the commercial doesn't show the game play. For BF3, the game play IS the commercial; and it looks abso-frakking-lutely beautiful! I know you need a pretty beefy system to enjoy the game in all its glory, but it is worth it! The game play is really great too.

I don't know about C-4 spamming trolls, like someone previously mentioned. I haven't seen much spawn camping since the beta. People are leveling up pretty decently and most of the matches I'm in are really good, exciting rounds with tons of action. It's probably the closest you can get to a combat zone without having people actually shooting at you.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]adamboy64[/nom]Whoa, seriously? They made it for the original DS, rather than the 3DS?Sure, the visuals would still look bad on the 3DS, but not as bad as the original DS..[/citation]

[citation][nom]hpglow[/nom]Larger installed base.[/citation]

Did i miss something in the article? :eek:

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
[citation][nom]bin1127[/nom]is elite the name of the multiplayer component or is there some premium stuff that makes it "elite"?[/citation]

That's actually a real question. Can anyone answer?

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]bin1127[/nom]That's actually a real question. Can anyone answer?[/citation]
Both.

Call of Duty Elite is basically the Call of Duty equivalent to BF3's Battlelog. It is free, however there is a "Premium" service that you can pay for to get extra features.

I would like to tell you more, as I was invited to the Call of Duty Elite Beta, but never got to use it thanks to the beta never being released for the PC platform. As of right now, Call of Duty Elite is only for console players--PC players will have to wait for the PC version to come out.

I had planned on buying MW3 on the release day because us PC players were told we would get special attention this time around thanks to the less than stellar releases on the last two CoD games, but clearly we are still on the bottom of the totem pole. I fell for that "special attention to PC players" on Black Ops and ended up not being able to play the game until AFTER the first DLC came out. Not falling for that again.

Shame since the PC platform is what made the CoD series such a success in the first place...

But anyway, if you need be I'll be playing BF3. :hello:

G

As far as I'm aware there are two sections for subs. One which is free and gives you basic access to stats/etc and the paid premium service which gives you extra features. I don't know what these features are as I refuse to buy a twitchy FPS with an FOV set at 60-65 degrees.

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]jellico[/nom]I know you need a pretty beefy system to enjoy the game in all its glory, but it is worth it![/citation]
BF3 on Low settings still looks prettier than MW3 maxed out.

reyshan

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
[citation][nom]hetneo[/nom]BF3 on Low settings still looks prettier than MW3 maxed out.[/citation]

You just made my day and my point to my friends. Thank you!

fyend

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Its COD 4 with new maps and some weapon changes. Is that worth $60? Is that worth 8.5 and 9.0 in reviews? Guess Craptivision got its bribes in early as usual. COD 4 released in late 2011 for $60 is not a 9/10 game, sorry. Obviously bribed reviewer is obvious.

anonymous32111

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
Hahaha, i bet tool-bags will continue to throw themselves at this game.

Can't wait until they pump out MW4, so i can really get a good idea of diminishing values vs. kids who play horrible games.

torque79

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
Anyone know where we can go to complain about removed features present in BF2? Don't get me wrong, I'm LOVING BF3 so far but some key elements were obviously removed to accomodate consoles which are over-simplifying the game. It's a step backward from the gameplay of BF2.

There are huge problems in key gameplay elements that make Battlefield superior. For example, the removal of commanders. I enjoyed playing that role regularly, and successful battlefield play has always been about teamwork. Now with no commander, squads have to independently decide what to do. They also no longer have a full map view, so they can't even use that to coordinate their efforts, or hit a different flag from other squads. Add to that the removal of team voice chat (WTF is that??even WoW has in-game voice!!), and we've got a game with horribly lacking teamwork methods compared to BF2.

Plus now we can't alert others of a known target location without actually having it visible on your screen, which makes you a target. Assuming it even works. Plus why can't we zoom out the minimap? Big maps are common in this game and it's not showing enough area around you in my opinion.

All this being said, it's a stunning game visually, the destructible environments are amazing, and I love being able to spawn on any squad member (though this also changes the importance of a squad leader, making all squad members a little more reckless sometimes).

dickcheney

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
[citation][nom]bin1127[/nom]is elite the name of the multiplayer component or is there some premium stuff that makes it "elite"?[/citation]

Its like HLSTATSX but with a monthly fee.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
That company enjoys lying

for example, they put up betas for Star Wars: The Old Republic and set the time on November 11- Novembeer 13

That means no one will actually be able to play it because they will be playing skyrim.
This also means no server load for that game

For MW3, they just need to get rid of the DRM.

The game had cracked copies available around 2-3 hours after release, (it seems that the pirates tested just how similar MW3 is to MW2 and it turns out the same cracked files from MW2 will also work on MW3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS