News Mass Production of 2D XMene Materials Will Pave the Way for Better Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giroro

Splendid
I'll care about this material science in a decade when it becomes a global media cash-grab an hour after some unknown country's national university publishes a counterfeit video. Then I'll weirdly stop caring about all the legitimate experiments forever the instant that one isolated study admits it was a fake. For some reason.

scott_HTPC

Commendable
Jul 14, 2021
The work that was done by the researchers is totally different than what you wrote. First line:

"Researchers with the Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) have mass-produced a synthetic material..."

The work is entirely computational, with no actual real-world demonstration. The work they did is about predicting how molecules arrange on the MXene surface, which is rather different from experimentally achieving a large-scale manufacturing.

In fact, in the researcher's own words, they say ""Unlike previous studies that focused on the production and properties of pure MXene, this study is significant in that it provides a new method for surface molecular analysis to easily classify manufactured MXene," said Seung-Cheol Lee..." ( https://eng.kist.re.kr/eng/newscenter/latest-research-news.do?mode=view&articleNo=9406 )

There's lots of other errors, but one big one. You write:

"... a compound derived from the semiconductor silicene (Sc2CF2)..."

silicene is a two-dimensional form of silicon. Sc = scandium. Si = silicon.

gg83

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2015
I'll care about this material science in a decade when it becomes a global media cash-grab an hour after some unknown country's national university publishes a counterfeit video. Then I'll weirdly stop caring about all the legitimate experiments forever the instant that one isolated study admits it was a fake. For some reason.
Lmao. My exact thought when I started reading the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.