Question Massive fps drops on Lenevo IdeaPad Gaming 3i Intel

Apr 20, 2022
Hey, I have had my IdeaPad Gaming 3i, and I'm facing MASSIVE fps issues in games.
I mainly play CSGO, and no clue for what reasons my machine is producing the worst fps possible.
Here's the link to the laptop for configurations https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/p/lapt...rder%2Fdetail.html%3FecommerceId%3D1290483867

I've had the laptop for over a month, and it's been acting strangely from the start, so I changed it from Windows 11 to Windows 10 and saw a significant improvement in my frame rate. After, It hasn't been long since I started having fps troubles again. I've tried practically every imaginable solution, including countless tutorials, but it still won't work. In addition, all of my drivers are current.

I thought ordering a laptop cooler would help, but I don't see if it has impacted the performance of the laptop. And I'm always playing with the charger plugged in.

In CSGO, you may monitor your average frame rate. I was getting an average of 125fps yesterday, but after adjusting an NVIDIA control panel setting and restarting the game, my average fps shot up to 173. But, however, it quickly reverted to the previous state.

Today, again, I tried updating my NVIDIA drivers and since then my average fps has gone even below 100.

11th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-11370H Processor (3.30 GHz, up to 4.80 GHz with Turbo Boost, 4 Cores, 8 Threads, 12 MB Cache)
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 3050 Ti 4GB
8 GB DDR4 3200MHz

Last edited by a moderator: