MasterLiquid 240 Lite noises/performance

Aug 5, 2018
Built a new PC about 3 weeks ago.

I have an i7-7700k and a GTX 1070.
Mobo is a Z270 M6 AC.

Ever since the build, my CPU temperatures have been what I would imagine are fairly high.

Idling, the temperature averages about 38c ~ 45c.

Whilst playing some of the more processor heavy games, it averages around 55c ~ 60c. Occasionally reaching 70c.

Other games like Battlefield 1, temps average around 50c ~ 55c.

So this is my first AIO water cooler. It was pretty easy to install and I’ve actually reinstalled it 3 times now due to this problem and some other problems that have been resolved without any relation to this. Reinstalling seems to have had made little difference. I originally thought that I may have used too much thermal paste and reapplied it, it dropped maybe 2c of the average temps.

Something that I have noticed when observing the cooler is this sound of water gurgling or moving. At thought I didn’t think much of it because there’s water in it, obviously. But I’ve noticed many people stating that there AIOs are silent.

This noise happens 8/10 times when booting. It also occasionally occurs again while the PC is in general use.

Additionally, only one of the tubes leading from the the pump to the radiator vibrates. It doesn’t make any noise, etc., just when touching it, the vibration is prominent. However when feeling the other tube, it’s not noticeable. The tube that vibrates is the tube that is higher up on the pump.

Is this all normal and AIOs are just not what I expected? Or is it faulty? Or have I done something wrong?

Just for the FYI I have the radiator front panel mounted.

Solution
You can expect to hear some small water trickling noises, but you shouldn't be hearing full on bubbling or gurgling. Also, a small amount of vibration should be felt in the lines but it shouldn't be visible.

Kashimi

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015
You can expect to hear some small water trickling noises, but you shouldn't be hearing full on bubbling or gurgling. Also, a small amount of vibration should be felt in the lines but it shouldn't be visible.

Solution