MasterLiquid Maker 240 in Spec 01 case?

Jan 30, 2019
Hello, first time on the forums and have a question.
I was reading you cannot fit a 240 mm rad in the top of the Corsair Spec 01, well I had the Corsair HX115i in the top of it, it barely fit in. I had to squeeze the rad where the hoses connect in the top back part of the case and then cram the front up past the top optical drive housing. It barely fit and I have a tall stick of ram which I crammed it in anyways but the damn cosmetic thing on that stick got crushed in LOL (idc about it) but yea.

Can I fix a MaserLiquid Maker 240 in this case if I was able to fit the hx115i???

HX115i: Radiator Dimensions: 140mm x 312mm x 26mm

MasterLiquid: 280 x 124 x 29.2 mm

Why does the hx115i say it is 312mm long? thats like 12" but the MasterLiquid is I assume 280mm long? But the HX115i is 140mm wide while the masterliquid is 124mm wide? What?! I have to be reading this wrong....

GangstaSlime

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2015
Your main concern should be whether or not the Maker 240's pump will fit. The 240 is known for its LEDs and cooling capability, but it's also known for its large pump that takes up almost the entire front of the case. Even if the rad could fit in the top with the hoses not being constricted, the pump won't fit because the drive bays on the top/bottom front corner (where the pump has to go in order to fit).

If you were desperately wanting the Maker 240, I would look into a different case that's either designed for larger rads/pumps or has a modular front, so you can remove the bay sections as needed.

Jan 30, 2019
I think I can actually remove the drive bays (I wouldn't mind cutting a hole in the bay or cutting the bay out anyways) I will see if I can go ahead and get it removed.

Ok I am able to, but I have decided on a cheaper (yet still expandable and from my reading a more reliable) aio from EK its the EK-XLC Predator 240.