[SOLVED] Matching On-Board RAM ?

TheMightySquelch

Prominent
Mar 25, 2022
Hi guys,

Got a Lenovo ThinkBook 14 Gen3 ACL (R75800U) and was wondering how to match the on-board memory. I also got a Kingston HyperX Impact 8GB DDR4-3200, the same day and installed it on the unit. Timings did not change (original: 22-22-22-52, then became 22-22-22-54) and was a bit surprised, so I took it out and used a Samsung 8GB module and timings were the same as original. I got to use the HyperX module for another device.

Found out through Crucial and MrMemoryUK that the on-board memory is an 8GB Hynix HMAA1GS6CJR6N-XN, but could not discern if it is Rx8 or Rx16. CPU-Z did not produce any details on the SPD tab, if you wanted to know.

I was wondering if I am looking into this too much or I should just slap a DDR4-3200 module and just be done with it. By the way, I am using the laptop for all-around tasks with light gaming.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hi guys,

Got a Lenovo ThinkBook 14 Gen3 ACL (R75800U) and was wondering how to match the on-board memory. I also got a Kingston HyperX Impact 8GB DDR4-3200, the same day and installed it on the unit. Timings did not change (original: 22-22-22-52, then became 22-22-22-54) and was a bit surprised, so I took it out and used a Samsung 8GB module and timings were the same as original. I got to use the HyperX module for another device.

Found out through Crucial and MrMemoryUK that the on-board memory is an 8GB Hynix HMAA1GS6CJR6N-XN, but could not discern if it is Rx8 or Rx16. CPU-Z did not produce any details on the SPD tab, if you wanted to know.

I was wondering if I am looking into this too much or I should just slap a...
Hi guys,

I was wondering if I am looking into this too much or I should just slap a DDR4-3200 module and just be done with it. By the way, I am using the laptop for all-around tasks with light gaming.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
that module should be a 1Rx16. you could slap another ram with the same IC if you want, just to ensure.

Solution