[SOLVED] mATX build - Fan Config

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
Hi All

I have put together a build using the Corsair Air 240 Case and I am looking for a bit of advice on the fan configuration.

At present the case has an Arctic Freezer Pro II 240mm front mounted as an intake, and 1 x 120mm (top) + 2 x 80mm(rear) as exhausts. This may well be sufficient but I feel that I could do with an additional intake fan. Space is limited but I do have the option of mounting 2 x 120mm fans on the bottom of the case. These would have to be low profile fans due to the bottom motherboard inputs and the size of the Graphics card, but this would also only leave about a cm between the fans and the graphics card. I do not think this would be an issue and would give the graphics card plenty of ambient air but I am really looking for some advice on if it is worth the effort (and will not interfere with the GPU fans in any way)

A second option would be to put a push pull config on the radiator which would drive more air into the case. Certainly overkill for the processor but I have measured and it will fit.

The system specs are :

CPU : Ryzen 3600
Motherboard : ASUS B550m TUF GAMING
RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15
GPU:ASUS 1070ti Cerberus
PSU : Corsair RM750x
SSD : 250GB 970 EVO & 500GB Sabrent Rocket

The computer is for my brother for Christmas who is not very tech savvy so I am aiming to hand it over with minimal family tech support in the future if possible! If I was to put any fans in they would be Noctua NF-A12x15.

Brief testing has been done on a couple of games and a brief prime run and temps are good (CPU max 62C / GPU max 70C) but I haven't had time for any in depth, longer testing. This will be primarily a gaming PC using a 1080p 75hz monitor.

I have been building computers for years but this is my first mATX case and I thought I would defer to the clever peeps on here to help me with what is the last part of the build.

Sorry for all the text.

Thanks in advance

Solution
I'd only keep fans towards the front of the chassis set to intake, if you have space for a push/pull on the radiators(as shown on Corsair's product page for the case) then yeah, that would be the only mechanical cooling I'd have in that case. The front fans would push any and/or all air through to the back.

Also, welcome to building in small form factor chassis, though not a SFF chassis, at the time, that was small.

Lutfij

Titan
I'd only keep fans towards the front of the chassis set to intake, if you have space for a push/pull on the radiators(as shown on Corsair's product page for the case) then yeah, that would be the only mechanical cooling I'd have in that case. The front fans would push any and/or all air through to the back.

Also, welcome to building in small form factor chassis, though not a SFF chassis, at the time, that was small.

Solution

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
Thanks for the reply Lutfij.

On the Liquid Freezer II there is only the one fan header connection (for power) and no supplementary power source, so would there be any risk of overloading the fan header with 4 fans plus pump and vrm fan?

If left to my own devices I would use 2 fan splitters into the existing 2 available connectors as I have done on my h115i. This AIO has a SATA power connector though.

Thanks again for your help