Max Res

G

I previously had a TSENG ET6000 video card, and a Sony CPD-100GST monitor. I used to set 1280x1024 resolution, as both the monitor and the video card supported it. Now I changed the TSENG with a ASUS V7700 Deluxe (GeForce2GTS), and the 1280x1024 res doesn't appear in the available resolutions in the control panel. I tried to reinstall Sys Op, formatting the HD. I tried with Win98, WinME, Win2000. I tried nVidia reference detonator3 6.31, and Asus 5.33 drivers. It seems my monitor doesn't support that res., but I used to set thst res with the old vid. How can I fix it?

G

I own a Sony CPD-100es probably a close relation to your monitor. Go to your display properties, then settings, then advanced, then click on monitor and make sure you have your monitor installed. Sometimes when you put in new vid cards you need to make sure your monitor is still intalled properly. If it is installed and the name shows up in the monitor box, technically it doesn't support that resolution. Another thing to try is load in possibly different drivers for your monitor. My monitor also works with the sony multiscan 15sf. It might be worthwhile to try that monitors drivers or the Sony CPD-100es drivers. You change them the same way that I mentioned above on how to check to see if your monitors drivers are installed.

G

It is correctly installed, I tried with the latest INF file from Sony, and even tried installing as a CPD-200 (17"). All useless. But I used that res for 2 years with the old vid. It is also reported on the manual as a supported res. Perhaps I shuold fake the autorecognition of the supported resolutions in the registry, but where is the key?

G

Sorry I don't know where the key is, but I guess for my last idea would be to try the standard monitor types. Super VGA with the resolution at 1280x1024 or 1600x1200. Sorry I wasn't much more of a help.

G

I even tried it... I really thank you anyway, since any help and effort is useful. I have to thank whoever waste his/her time trying to solve my problem.

G

I think I have it. Click on start menu, goto the run command and type regedit, then of course enter.Then goto the folder HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG. There should be a display folder, hit the plus sign on that and goto the setting folder. There should be a spot that says what resolution you have, Like 800x600 or whatever resolution you are currently useing. Right click on the word resolution and click modify. Looks like you can put in whatever resolution you want, just don't go to high or you get the scrambles. I just tried it this way and it worked on my comp. I went from 800x600 to 1024x768. After you make the change just reboot the computer for the changes to take effect. Hope it works for ya, Good Luck.

G

I think ur great....! Currently I am at work (I'm Italian, it' 10am now). This evening I will try and tell U. THANX!!!!!

G

What a pity... It doesn't work. I set that key at 1280x1024 (and lowered the refresh rate key to 60Hz), then restarted.... I got a "strange" res of 1280x720, with all my screen compressed on the X axis. Then I looked again in the registry, and it said 1280x1024, in that key. Why?

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
A weird problem indeed try looking into ASUS sight to see if there is an updated bios with this issue. Seeing how you know that your monitor will work in this res keep trying changing the drivers of the monitor. Monitor drivers really are nothing more than an .inf file that tells your video card what res and refresh rates your monitor supports. If you are sure that you have run that resolution before you should be ok ust make sure that before you hit apply that the refresh rate is not set to high, this ultimately is what could cause damage. Have you tried using the plug and play monitor driver?

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I have a similar problem with my MAG DX-15T. The driver limits the monitor to 1280X1024 but the monitor is capable of resolutions up to 1600X900. This is only a 15" monitor and I rarely use anything but 1024X768 but sometimes I like to test stuff and need the higher resolutions.

Here is what I do. I fool Windows 98SE into thinking I have a different monitor, specifically a Hitachi CM776. I do this by first going into Display Properties, selecting "Advanced", clicking on Monitor, un-checking "automatically detect Plug & Play monitors". This prevents Windows from defaulting back to the old driver. Now you can go back to Advanced display properties and change the driver to Hitachi CM776. After you do this Windows might ask you if you want to reboot. Don't. First double check to make sure "automatically detect Plug & Play monitors" is still un-checked. Also check the adapter, also under advanced display settings, and set the refresh rate to 60hz. Once this is done you DO need to restart for the monitor change to take effect. When you restart Windows will think you have the CM776. Now, you test and set resolutions and refresh rates.