[SOLVED] Max safe temperature while idle and while gaming for i7 9700

Sauce109

Commendable
Jul 25, 2019
I have an i7 9700 not k and my temperature while playing minecraft is 75 and othere games is 68c. When idle it’s around 40 to 50c. Is this ok?

Solution
Little high, but idle will depend on 2 things. The ambient temp and airflow. Load temps are different, that's upto airflow and cpu cooler.

Mediocre airflow + mediocre cooler = your load temps. Mediocre airflow + high ambient temps = your idle temps.
The only way you'd really have an issue is if you had an excellent cpu cooler and well above mediocre airflow. Otherwise, your temps are under safe maximums, so are not an issue.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Little high, but idle will depend on 2 things. The ambient temp and airflow. Load temps are different, that's upto airflow and cpu cooler.

Mediocre airflow + mediocre cooler = your load temps. Mediocre airflow + high ambient temps = your idle temps.
The only way you'd really have an issue is if you had an excellent cpu cooler and well above mediocre airflow. Otherwise, your temps are under safe maximums, so are not an issue.

Solution

Sauce109

Commendable
Jul 25, 2019

Will is damage or do anything bad to the pc tho

Sauce109

Commendable
Jul 25, 2019

Is 76 degrees hot for a room